What Do You Look For In A Partner?

Options

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has a hard and fast rule about height like 6-0 or 6-5 whether man or woman, in my book, is a 'bag! A real 'bag!

God I hate these lists you guys are compiling. I am gonna have a meltdown. Yeah, like you are such a catch. Grow up.

Someone sounds hangry.

I said I prefer taller (this is also an arbitrary term whose definition will change from person to person) men. I didn't specify a height. I had an ex who was 5ft7. Thanks for dropping by though.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    intelligent
    funny
    emotionally self-sufficient (non needy)
    non judgemental
    gets me and likes/loves me anyway
    likes my dogs and they like him
    creative
    he must smell good.

Smelling good! THIS!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Someone who makes the most of what God gave them.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    ok to each their own.

To me, saying you want to date a 6-2 or a DDD is very shallow and probably will result in you ending up with a bimbo.
    Personally I would prefer to date a man who's taller than me, myself being 5'10, but if someone at 5'9 comes along who 'knocks my socks off' as you said, their height wouldn't be a disqualifier. I would venture to say that's how it goes for most people.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Someone who makes the most of what God gave them.

Great and original response.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Confidence is the biggest turn on. Being happy with himself.
    Other than that - being open minded, intelligent, non-judgmental, having goals/ambitions and a good work ethic

Turnoffs:
    insulting people, being mean, being closed minded
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    To me what is in their heart is the most important. A person who is intelligent and is a good person inside (really good not the superficial good type) are qualities that are the most attractive to me.
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    Any man I date has to have a great big.....brain. :laugh:
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    To me what is in their heart is the most important. A person who is intelligent and is a good person inside (really good not the superficial good type) are qualities that are the most attractive to me.

I like this.

P.S. Your About Me section is hilarious! :)
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    For me when I met my Husband I was impressed with his honesty, loyalty, morality, passion, Spirituality, compassion,unselfishness, Kindness, sense of humor. I did not care what his appearance is because that can change so quickly. He had a full head of black hair when we married and now it is getting thinner. He weighed less also. I pity people who base who their decision for a Partner for life based on appearances. I did not base my decision on how wealthy he is because that can change also. In case anyone is taking the OP Post seriously I am listing the qualities in my Husband that I looked for and found. I never would have looked twice at Him if He had been a man lusting after other Women. I married a man who only has eyes for me, and He married a Woman who only has eyes for Him.

The standard I set for my 2nd marriage as we just celebrated our 11 years of Marriage is, He had to be" opposite of everything my X husband was. " My Husband had to become my Best Friend proving he was trustworthy before he could become my trusted Husband, Partner and Soul Mate for life.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Cute face, chubby waist...
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Someone who can stand up for themselves and intelligence anyone can be hot but can you think for yourself
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    As far as height goes, I really like Tall guys, you know, because I feel all small and protected.

BUT! I DID however date a shorter guy (5'8 ish?) who was extremely buff and I was really, really, happy with what I had. Unfortunately we were at different points in our lives, but man sometimes I do miss them muscles and bald head. :embarassed:
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    blue eyes
    glasses
    hairy face
    must be handyman
    close to the family
    must make me laugh all the time
    good income
    passionate
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    A penis
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    A penis

Lmfao!
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have always gone by height doesn't matter when you laying down. But I'm married, so this is just good reading.:smile:
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    If I'm opening a psychic detective agency I'm looking for my best friend to run it with me
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    What appeals to you most when dating? personality(have to be funny, a go getter, humble, down to earth and yourself but serious when need be). I love pretty eyes on a man(sexy)...

What do you first notice and what do you seek in the long term?
    I first notice teeth....lol...I just feel like if your teeth are clean, and looking good it says to me okay he takes care of himself. Long term just someone sweet,loving,kind, goals in order and a honest person.

Any specific turn-ons, must haves, physical traits, status, or personality?
    Yeah I love my Spanish man(getting married to one now...lol...in love!!!)