Seeking diet Buddy/Buddies with 15+ kgs (30lbs) to lose

Options
Hi I’m Dee!

I’m days off turning 40, a single mummy to a gorgeous toddler from Adelaide, South Australia.

I’ve been overweight since I was a child and have been on many diets over the decades.

I am determined to make 2013 The Year of Me and lose the last 15-20 kgs. I am currently 103kg, down 14 odd kilos since I became a mummy 18 months ago.

I usually use my iphone for internet and MFP. I’m seeking some buddies to connect with, encourage each other etc via the News Feed. As you can see, I haven’t posted much on the forums.

My philosophy to health and weight loss is:
-healthy lifestyle changes, not ‘dieting’
-I didn’t put it on overnight and it’s not going to come off overnight
-eat real foods, not shakes or magic pills and potions
-moderation, not elimination. Live, enjoy.
-move more. I wear a FitBit One to measure my movements
-weight loss doesn’t have to happen every week, as long as the number goes down monthly. My weekly weight loss graph isn’t a ski ramp, it’s a mountain range with shrinking mountains :)

I also run “Motivations and quotes for weight loss” on Facebook.

My goal is to lose 2-5kgs a month.

On April 8th, I’m starting a 28 day challenge to lose 4% of my body weight, or about 4kg. You are welcome to join me in my challenge at http://www.dietbet.com/games/11727

Please send me a friend request and we can help each other. I look forward to hearing from you

Dee xx

Replies

• Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have about the same to lose, with an added 20lbs lol! I started off at 211lbs and right now I am at 194lbs. My goal weight is between 140-150lbs and I plan on getting there before Autumn (UK). I know it's not going to be easy but I'm working my butt off, literally, to see this happen.

Oh, this is my heaviest! I've always weighed between 50-55kgs. Feel free to add me, I need the motivation as well...
  • OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I hope this is guy friendly :) If so I'm in
  • xGracieGirlx
    xGracieGirlx Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started off at 215lbs, currently I'm at 198lbs and working towards about 145. I'm always up for new friends and motivation. :)
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i started 265 jan 1st. im at 217 now with much more to lose. i could use more buddies. many of the ones i started with on here have quit already! just sad. my eating is not the greatest. but i do try to exercise daily. would love someone to challenge me more.
  • cai1961
    cai1961 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Dee,
    I need to lose 30 lbs but I'm happy with losing 20lbs, I have already lost 2 lbs this week, since starting on Monday. If I can keep this up in 10 weeks I'll be 20 lbs lighter that's my goal.
    I live in Ottawa, Canada, I'm married and have 3 children in university (all living at home). I need all the motivation I can get, and I will help you get to your goal weight too!!

Happy Easter,
    Carol
  • cmcmorro55
    cmcmorro55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I am currently 260 and I have a goal of losing 70lbs all together. I would love to have some buddies as motivation, so feel free to add me. This seems to be a long road ahead, it helps to have support.
  • thunderwoods
    thunderwoods Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    YES! Me too! I'm currently at 170lbs and want to get to my fighting weight of 140lbs by Feb. 2014 (In time for my cruise)

I agree, no pills, no magic la-la stuff....

Look for my friend request!
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Adding you. I have the same thoughts on weight loss. Nice to know I'm not the only one with mountains. I started out at 210 lbs and now weigh 196. I'm looking to be around 150lbs. Anybody else here feel free to add me as well.
  • Matholo425
    Matholo425 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i would also like to join as i have the same weight to loose.feel free to add me
  • dazeydee
    dazeydee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mountain range is me alright. I usually have at least 1 gain a month, but those mountains are getting smaller month by month
  • Ranika01
    Ranika01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in also! I have 30 plus lbs to shed. My goal is 5lbs per month.
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    add me too... your goals are spot on!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hi Dee! its nice to meet you. I am 36 pounds till my goal weight. I would be glad to get to know you
  • Sweetie131430
    Options
    I'm in too. I have to lose 30lbs by August I'll b turning 30. Lets update our daily routine.
  • Appletree5
    Options
    Hiya - I have about 36 lbs to lose- please feel free to add me :smile:
  • LuvMyBoys2
    LuvMyBoys2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in my 40s and have about 50 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • alysh8
    alysh8 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'd also like to join your weight loss group. i would like to lose 30 pounds over the next year. I have PCOS so it makes it difficult to lose the weight and it would just be nice to have some support.
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Adding you. I have the same thoughts on weight loss. Nice to know I'm not the only one with mountains. I started out at 210 lbs and now weigh 196. I'm looking to be around 150lbs. Anybody else here feel free to add me as well.

We started off about the same weight, same position just now and same goal weight! U might just be my twin! Look for my friend request...