Best shoe to exercise in??

Options
I am looking into getting a great pair of shoes to work out in. I have about 70.00 to spend and just want to know what are some awesome work out shoes you would recommend? I have no idea where to start, because i never worked out before until the last 3 months. Thanks.

Replies

• Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    Vibram
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Vibram

I agree Fivefinger Vibram.. the very best imo.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Vibram

This. All the way.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    What kind of workout? Treadmill? Outside running? Lifting weights? Zumba class?

Vibram five fingers are the closest that you can get to barefoot without going barefoot.
  • dj7879
    dj7879 Posts: 22
    Options
    I did the insanity workout in running shoes and I could not get rid of knee pain. I stopped for a few months and then bought some vibram five fingers. Now I'm starting month two tomorrow and my knees feel much better. Its not totally painless but I don't think it ever will be while doing insanity.,
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    What type of workout? Vibram can be great for weight training, not for everyone when it comes to walking\running. They also tend to cost more than $70.
  • JasMikkol89
    JasMikkol89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    For walking, and im gonna start jogging hear soon. I do a lot of at home work outs, but my knees and feet always hurt after ward. I am eventually going to get a gym membership but as of right now im a stay at home mom of two.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Asics are my favorite. In fact, I just bought a pair today from zappos.com. Free shipping! They're the only workout shoes that feel totally and completely comfortable. I went from having knee and ankle pain after walking or low impact aerobics and it stopped completely after I got my first pair of Asics. Here's what I bought:

http://www.zappos.com/asics-gel-scram-hot-pink-lightening-electric-blue
  • aymeelaurain
    aymeelaurain Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got the Vibram toe shoes as well and without them I have so much trouble running. The only way I can finish my 5K's is with them. Other shoes make my toes cramp and my feet get really sweaty. You have to break them in though. I would recommend for at least two weeks just wear them around the house or doing errands. Then start doing some longer walks before finally going into the jogging.
  • JasMikkol89
    JasMikkol89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Asics are my favorite. In fact, I just bought a pair today from zappos.com. Free shipping! They're the only workout shoes that feel totally and completely comfortable. I went from having knee and ankle pain after walking or low impact aerobics and it stopped completely after I got my first pair of Asics. Here's what I bought:

http://www.zappos.com/asics-gel-scram-hot-pink-lightening-electric-blue
    These are super cute i may get me a pair thanks (:
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I am a NIKE girl, but that's because their shoes fit my wide feet very well. I suggest you go try on different brands and see what fits your foot. What works for one person may not work for another.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of brooks that I love.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have some KSwiss Tubes, I use them for 30DS and c25k. Once I start really running though I will have to invest in some good running shoes I'm sure, but so far so good.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Vibram

I agree. See my username and current profile pic. Great for running. Great for lifting (if your gym does not allow barefoot lifting)
  • here
    here Posts: 69
    Options
    I love my Nike Free Runs. They're great for running, my knee pain was gone when I got them. They're minimalist shoes, so there is no fancy arches or anything like that.

But if you're running, you should go to a running store that will check out your feet and see how you run and stuff and fit you correctly.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I use Nike Free 5.0, recently bought them as I was doing fitness classes in New Balance shoes with too much coushioning and it really made my foot placing awkward and painful
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    If you are going to start out walking, I would honestly not recommend the Vibrams or any minimalist shoe. When you walk you do a lot more heel striking and minimalist shoes have zero cushion. Your heels will end up hurting. I would honestly recommend you visit a running store where they will test you on the treadmill. They can help you to select a pair of shoes that will work best with the way you walk\run. You don't necessarily have to buy the shoes there, but at least you will know what type of shoe is best for your situation. Most good running stores will offer this service for free. It made a world of difference for me, I was having all kinds of foot issues.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I love my Nike Free Runs. They're great for running, my knee pain was gone when I got them. They're minimalist shoes, so there is no fancy arches or anything like that.

But if you're running, you should go to a running store that will check out your feet and see how you run and stuff and fit you correctly.

Free run huaraches...