Any success with Insanity?? Pics please

Options
I was thinking about getting Insanity sometime in the future but I was just wondering if it's truly worth the money anyone have any great results with it?? If you don't mind post some pics of your success I would love that motivation to buy it or not, and your thoughts on it, it's just too much money to spend if it's not worth it or if there's something out there that's just as awesome but doesn't cost $120 Thanks

Replies

• ashleymmannisto
    ashleymmannisto Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd day of it..it's tough. I love it though..As soon as I'm done I'll post a pic! :) I can't wait to see results, I can already last longer, SIGNIFICANTLY longer, on the warm up :)
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! Check out Teambeachbody.com and you will see the success stories with Insanity. It truly lives up to it's name.
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    <---Just got done with month one, (just uploaded my profile pic, starting to see definition in my arms actually!) I feel a lot stronger now, I have not lost too much weight but most women see the most results in the last couple weeks. :) Give it a try! I think its great, and I didn't think I would be able to do it before I did it!
  • jestersand
    jestersand Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The only thing it helped me achieve was getting in a quick cardiovascular shape for a timed-race. As far as losing weight on the scale? Not really significant to invest in it unless you want to run a marathon. It's a 3 month program, so if you find you are a religious gym person and can stick to it without excuses then give it a go. If you initial thought is that this video may give you the inspiration to workout, you might as well give the next homeless person you see $100, because it won't happen.
  • QuHeCTiC24
    QuHeCTiC24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm more than 7 weeks in and I'm down 36lbs from when I started (starting weight 280). No pics to share at the moment though.

I like it because there is always room to get in a better workout. Most fit people struggle with the workouts so you will never reach a point where it gets too easy. Start off slow and watch how much you improve week to week.

PM me and I can point you in the right direction to get the program, cheapppp
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The entire set is on youtube for free if you're willing to look for it. My boss is halfway thru with hers and she looks like she's dropped 10 years, easy.

I bought the set online because I'm too lazy to fart around on youtube, and am a week in.
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It's a 3 month program, so if you find you are a religious gym person and can stick to it without excuses then give it a go. If you initial thought is that this video may give you the inspiration to workout, you might as well give the next homeless person you see $100, because it won't happen.

-- Its two months with a recovery week in between, not three. And don't let this get you down please, I wasn't huge into an everyday workout and watching my diet before this, but hey! I haven't missed a day! Everybody needs to start somewhere, you can't just go your whole life giving the excuse that you "aren't that type of person", otherwise you'll never change. Motivate yourself, because it is possible. If you want to change, not just kind of but REALLY want to change to the point where you will change you actions, then yes, you can do it, no doubt in my mind. :)
  • Smiley0514
    Options
    It's a 3 month program, so if you find you are a religious gym person and can stick to it without excuses then give it a go. If you initial thought is that this video may give you the inspiration to workout, you might as well give the next homeless person you see $100, because it won't happen.

-- Its two months with a recovery week in between, not three. And don't let this get you down please, I wasn't huge into an everyday workout and watching my diet before this, but hey! I haven't missed a day! Everybody needs to start somewhere, you can't just go your whole life giving the excuse that you "aren't that type of person", otherwise you'll never change. Motivate yourself, because it is possible. If you want to change, not just kind of but REALLY want to change to the point where you will change you actions, then yes, you can do it, no doubt in my mind. :)

I completely agree with groversa! As long as you try your hardest to workout, eat healthier, and have a positive mindset you will do great! I have done insanity twice, and as you can see in my profile pic, I think it works! I made the commitment to change my lifestyle and the hard work pays off. Just stick to it and finish the 2 months before you decide if it doesn't work. :happy: you might find a reasonable price on amazon. Also finding a group on here that is doing the same series helps keep you accountable. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am a female, mid-40s.I am 5'3" and started near 150 pounds. I started Insanity and ended up being ill with a virus for a week after the recovery week, and this week I missed several workouts because of a hectic travel/work schedule.

I STILL have lost nearly 10 pounds now at week 7. I only measure my waist, hips and thighs. I have lost 1.5 inches from my waist, 1.5 from my hips, and 1 from the thighs.

I hate cardio workouts because I get bored and am not an 'endurace' athlete but I LOVE Insanity. It DOES inspire me to work out because there is no wasted time. You are just 'going' the whole time. Awesome. I get agitated when I've missed workouts and make them up as soon as I can. As long as I keep working out, I keep losing weight. I eat between 1400 and 1700 calls per day. I've had several days out with friends where I know I went over that too. I have a beer or cocktail most nights of the week and don't limit myself as far as what I eat as long as I stay within my cals to a reasonable degree. I love being able to eat and still lose. This is in spite of the fact that my heart rate monitor says I only burn 300-450 cals/workout. I am dropping more weight than I should based solely on the numbers.

I don't share pics of my body, but I can definitely tell I've shaped up and am trimmer. My clothes, some of which I haven't really worn in a couple years, actually fit again and all my stuff is much more comfortable.

I guess like everything else, it works for some people and not as well for others. But, I am a believer and lover of Insanity.

Good luck.

Edited to add: I always considered my body to be 'resistant' to losing weight. It was always hard for me to figure out my ideal combination of exercise and calorie consumption. I have spent time in exercise classes at the gym and have undertaken other regimens and this one has been the ONE that gives me the most satisfying results, the most quickly (and while eating and drinking beer a few times a week).
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my photos I have before and almost after pics. The first two are from Jillian Michaels body revolution and the last one is from insanity.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    The only thing it helped me achieve was getting in a quick cardiovascular shape for a timed-race. As far as losing weight on the scale? Not really significant to invest in it unless you want to run a marathon. It's a 3 month program, so if you find you are a religious gym person and can stick to it without excuses then give it a go. If you initial thought is that this video may give you the inspiration to workout, you might as well give the next homeless person you see $100, because it won't happen.
    I disagree with this ^^^ (sounds like she didn't even do it, 3 months?)
    And agree with this ^^^. I did it, my eating sucked but I was still able to lose some weight, especially around my tummy. I have pics somewhere but too tired right now to dig them up.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity for about 6 weeks. Actually this is my 2nd time through, I tried it a couple years ago but quit after a week because I just couldn't get into it. Truthfully, I find Insanity mind numbingly boring, but that's just my personality. I like doing different exercise throughout the workout, and Insanity is many reps of the same exercises. Don't get me wrong, it is very challenging and a great workout, there's just so many times I can do mountain climbers without wanting to jump off a cliff.

My results have been really good, but not really visible. I have only lost half an inch around my waist, and maybe about a pound. But everything feels tighter and stronger, and my butt looks really good from all the squats. Even if you don't see the results, Insanity is still great for strengthening your body.

Lastly, PLEASE watch your form and invest in good cross training (not running) shoes. I am in great shape, and a former gymnast/cheerleader. I know how to jump and land, and have never had knee issues before Insanity. Sometime during week four I messed up my right knee so badly that I can only do 3 modified Insanity workouts a week if I want to be able to walk around normally. I'm attributing it to overuse (millions of squats in these videos) and wearing running shoes instead of more supportive training shoes. Anyway, if I complete the program I definitely won't do it again. But give it a try, you may really enjoy it and do well with it!
  • StephanieCo3
    StephanieCo3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My mother swears by it. She's doing it for the second or third time through (now with weights). She looks great. I just can't get into videos. :(

581007_126355314217832_738258359_n.jpg

601977_105604629626234_2138650016_n.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!