On the days you don't exercise...?

Options
Apparently, if I don't exercise, I'm expected to eat 1200 calories, according to MFP. I feel like this neither healthy nor easily manageable. Any suggestions if I seriously can't exercise?

Replies

• justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I usually end up going over but I make sure I have skimped a bit the rest of the week to make up for going over.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Check out heloitsdan's (I think that is right) post about the Roadmap - it talks about TDEE (which is a different way to calculate daily caloric intake than MFP). TDEE takes into account your activity level and gives you an intake that stays the same no matter the day - exercise or not.

i eat between 1700 and 1800 every day.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Road Map link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

Great info there. Been eating according to that info for over a year (1800+ cals a day, exercise or no) and have had great success with it.
  • I take a nutritional shake mix... I fill it with tons of fruits and or vegetables. That fill me quite a bit..gives me a whole lot of nutrition...and is only 110 calories plain..fruit wont add much more. Have you tried that route?