Hey All

Options
Hey All,
My name is Chris.
I found this site by searching for a food diary a couple days ago. Just by logging in my daily intake, I am shocked at the thought of how many calories I was taking in! I quit smoking 17 months ago and immediately gained 35 lbs. My goal is to get to 205, about a 95 lbs loss. Good luck to all of us.

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Chris. You can definitely do this. There are lots of people here who will inspire you and make you keep on track with your goals.

Well done on quitting smoking, and everyone gains weight when they quit, so you are not alone!
  • verilla
    verilla Posts: 13
    Options
    I gained 50 lbs. in the first year I quit smoking, but, hey, it is six years later and I still don't smoke !!
    I am tackling the pounds now, but mostly trying to live an active life, with healthy food choices; keeping food from the forefront of thought and replacing it with activity.

Good luck to you in attaining your weight goal and remaining smoke free!
  • DAKTHREE
    DAKTHREE Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi Chris. It takes a strong will to quit smoking. Congradulations!! I know you can get the pounds off too. You picked a great site with tons of motivation and inspiration. Glad to see you here:happy:
  • kaseyphillips2004
    Options
    Hey Chris and congrats on quitting smoking. I am also a newbie and have enjoyed all the welcome and support. You can do it and MFP is here to help along the way. Keep up the good work.