Pre-menstrual weight gain?

Options
2»

Replies

• twinmom30
    Options
    I started yesterday and yesterday morning weighed 180.9 and this morning was 182.2 ... and I was under my calorie intake and exercised yesterday....bummer
  • morenaguapa
    morenaguapa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is very discouraging both ways.
    I don't want to take credit for the loss after I am done with my cycle. I just started this journey a few days ago and am not sure what my "real" starting weight is.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    2-3 pounds. I hate it. I know what it is, but it is still so discouraging to see the weight that I've worked so hard to lose for the past 3 weeks come back on the scale....
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am relieved to read this. I have been doing very well the past couple of weeks and can tell that I have gotten smaller. This morning I step on the scale and my weight is up! I was so discouraged and felt like giving up immediately. Then I read this and realize now that I am due to start my period in 3 days. Whew!! Hopefully that is all it is...
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Usually about 5 pounds. But I am super excited this month, cause it's only an extra 2 pounds!!
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh! I skip the scale that week!!!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I must be the only woman on the planet who LOSES the week of her period! :)

I don't think so... I took out my Nuvaring Sunday night and the scale dropped almost 5 pounds. I should be starting on Thursday too. Weird. I've never weighed myself at this time of month before.
  • calycias
    calycias Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5-7lbs. No doubt. And always--ALWAYS--I'm down 2-3lbs. after it finally comes. Ugh.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    2-5 Pounds :(
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have gained up to 3ish kilos at times. It usually starts the week before and usually comes down a day or two before it ends. It sucks when I'm having irregular periods and can't take proper weight measurements! :p
  • deezer602482
    deezer602482 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    3-5 pounds
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It is very very frustrating. This month I gained 7lbs overnight due to TOM. I lost 2 afterwards, but I'm stuck with 5 extra now that I'm busing my butt to try to get to go back away. It really sucks too because I had hit a goal and this pushed me back up over it so now I have to hit it again =/ Although part of the gain sticking may be due to increasing my calories faster than recommended to TDEE-20 instead of a flat 1300, so hopefully I will adjust to that and start losing again