I've gained two pounds. How did that happened

Options
Last time I was 194lbs and now I'm 196lbs. I know two pounds is not a big deal, but I don't understand that. I've been working out. I do cardio and workout at my school fitness center. Can you tell me what I did wrong and what should I do?
If it helps, I'm 68 inches tall barefoot. and I'm medium framed (I wrapped my fingers around my wrist and my fingers touch but my thumb is over my pointed finger a little so maybe small framed, but I don't look small framed).

But the good news is that I've lost like 24 pounds together. Two years ago I was 220. No wait, I was 235 as a teenager so I actually lost like 39 pounds. It would of been 41 if I hadn't gained two pounds. I just gotta work harder. So what do I do?

Replies

• Matholo425
    Matholo425 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    keep pushing,loosing weight needs patience and perseverence.some days wil be hard,you just have to pick your self up and move on.you should be proud of yourself for loosing that much,just dont be too hard on yourself.gud luck
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    How has your diet been lately?
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    2 pounds can easily be a regular fluctuation from fluid retention or such.
    Also, you can't out exercise a bad diet so though you may be working out if your food intake is poor you can gain weight.
  • sp7991
    sp7991 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is not a big difference. Might be fluctuation of water also. Idea time to weight is early in morning when you wake up. Have you weighted on same time ?
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    If it is around your TOM - that would be the culprit!
  • needsalife3
    needsalife3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Or if you're exercising a lot it could be your muscles retaining water to repair themselves. Hang in there and perhaps weigh every day for a few days -- it'll let you know how much day to day swings can be.
  • TheatreLover23
    Options
    Ok
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Dude its 2 pounds not 20. Its probably water weight, stop weighing yourself so often. Also if you are using one of those old school metal scales subtract 2-5 pounds for clothing and shoes.
  • millzy64
    millzy64 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Or if you're exercising a lot it could be your muscles retaining water to repair themselves. Hang in there and perhaps weigh every day for a few days -- it'll let you know how much day to day swings can be.

This.

Don't even worry about it. In a few more days you'll drop another 3 lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!