Exercising Indoors bare foot?

Options
I never wear trainers indoors when doing an exercise? Is this ok? I'm doing 30DS and BFBM and when the weather gets warm in the UK I'm attempting C25K (obviously outdoors and with trainers).

Replies

• smileitconfusespeople
    Options
    I do blogilates indoors bare foot and have had no problems, I don't know if I shouldn't be doing this, but I haven't had problems yet.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure, but fir a lot of exercise it is better for your body to do it barefoot. I do kettlebells and they recommend not wearing shoes for that though I'm terrified I'm going to slip and drop a 20lb weight on my foot.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I do all of my indoor exercise barefoot. I hate shoes and don't wear them unless I'm outside. Even at work the first thing I do when I get there is kick my shoes off.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    If it isn't bothering your feet, go for it.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I've only just started doing Insanity indoors barefooted, mainly because I workout first thing when the family are asleep and they were moaning that they could hear every thud :laugh:
  • SaffSaad
    SaffSaad Posts: 81
    Options
    I've always had problems finding the right trainers, so most of my workout are bare foot. Completed 30DS, Ripped in 30, Inanity bare foot and no problems. Just remember everyone's different so see what works best for you.
  • Kgholli
    Kgholli Posts: 27
    Options
    I do all of my exercising barefoot, including weight lifting.
  • heathermnrd
    Options
    i usually do stuff barefoot, i would just be scared of dropping a weight on my foot with 30 day shred
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Just be careful of landing heel first and you should be fine.

IANAD - if your head falls off or you create a black hole, it's your own fault.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I never wear trainers indoors when doing an exercise? Is this ok? I'm doing 30DS and BFBM and when the weather gets warm in the UK I'm attempting C25K (obviously outdoors and with trainers).

I do 30DS, RI30, P90X Kenpo and others all barefoot. If you feel great doing it then keep doing it. Some people need the cushioning and/or stability if they have bad knees/ankles.

When you start running I would make sure you get "fitted" for trainers at a running store (not sure if they have those in UK). They will recommend the best who for your stride/gait. Haev fun!
  • Mrskmacca
    Mrskmacca Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I weighed 129lbs 3 years ago before my baby. I'm at 156lbs now and ready to shift some excess baggage!
  • macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    For those worrying about dropping a weight on their barefoot, a sneaker will NOT help. To protect your toes you would need to work out in steel toes shoes.

I do most of my workouts barefoot. In the colder months I wear just socks since the concrete basement floor is cold.
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I do all my exercise barefoot too... To be honest, where I live, I don't even own runners, just flip flops. Its hot here, and I only exercise in doors :D