PLEASE ATKINS....LOW CARB RECIPES

Options
13»

Replies

• Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Wow Alisha ...How did you lose so much weight? That is fantastic. Congrats

I did Atkins for 2 years watching carbs, but I was eating to much low carb processed junk. I cut that out started eating clean, no sugar, no dairy, no legumes, nothing processed and that is where I am now. :)
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Maximuscle protein shake is good and has good stuff like green tea.
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    1 cup coconut oul.
    1 cup butter.
    1/4 cup stevia.

Mix with a spoon, stick in the freezer for twenty minutes, then eat straight from the bowl with glee while reading Gary Taubes "Good Calores, Bad Calories".

:heart: :drinker:

I make something similar but add cream cheese and davinci sugar free syrup to it also. I make them into 100 calorie candies. They are fantastic for a sweet tooth!

Another great site for inspiration and recipes is www.yourlighterside.com. She has some fabulous stuff. Also www.lowcarbfriends.com has good recipes.

I am not an Atkins girl,but I do limit my carbs to around 100 or less per day.
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options

I eat very low carb and I don't use ANY Atkins products, or any processed food (or very occasionally). All my meat is grass fed, pastured or raised by my family. I eat A LOT of fat. I cook my veggies in pork lard :) Home rendered. I eat a lot of raw, naturally grown things as well. I'm in it for the health as well, which is why I don't eat grains. Sorry if your idea of healthy and mine don't jive.

What she said.

I don't know why a low-carb hater would even click on an Atkins recipe post, except that they seem to get some kind of thrill if they get a rise, so I just don't engage them. Let them eat cake!

Back to the topic at hand. Tonight I'm making an Indian dish called Butter Chicken -- marinated chicken breast with a creamy tomato sauce -- from yogurt and heavy cream and tons of aromatic spices. I'll serve it over "riced" cauliflower.

I am salivating just reading the recipe.

Good luck with low-carb! It is really not hard.

Other staples for me: crustless quiche (any quiche recipe can be baked in a buttered baking dish without a crust -- Julia child's are all good), salads like caesar and blue cheese/bacon wedge, baked chicken parmesan (coated in crushed pork rinds), mashed cauliflower (better than mashed potatoes).

Several of my recipes are on my blog on this site.
  • kiwinicola
    Options
    I love atkins.com and pinterest for low carb recipes! My fave by far is a bunless turkey burger!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump