Wheat Free - Day 3

Options
Hi All - I have decided to go Wheat Free for 30 Days - So Far so good!! - WOOHOO!!

Anyone else giving it a try??

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I was mostly grain free before and now I am about 30 days totally grain free.

I feel fantastic, way better than I was before.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    good for you! good luck! :)
  • lorivolpe
    Options
    I just started 3 days ago! I am doing great so far. Already feel like I've lost a few pounds and not so bloated, ugh! have you lost weight mfrey?
  • Feebes77
    Feebes77 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have been generally grain free for several weeks now with occasional cheat days. I'm now trying to go completely wheat free. I was very disappointed after a serving of turkey jerky to find that wheat is added to the soy sauce in the package. I don't necessarily include a lot of pre-packaged foods in my diet, but when I do I need to remember to check the labels. It's very frustrating but I'm just going to keep on going and try again. I know that after a few days of completely wheat free diet I feel amazing and full of energy.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have done this before! I guess actually I am now doing it again but not intentionally. anyhoo, wheat triggers my eating urges. If I eat wheat it makes me want to eat and eat and eat. I am happy to be feeling more in control of my appetite.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Is this the same as being gluten free?
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Is this the same as being gluten free?

No. It is not the same. There are other grains with gluten.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Going on nine years. It's a celiac thing though, so wheat is just the start of it for me.
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten wheat or gluten since August 2012 and it has changed my life. I actually have a severe intolerance to it.

I had terrible IBS, GERD and numerous other health issues all of which have resolved themselves after avoiding this evil grain!

Good luck, there is no way any baked goods come close to how good I feel without it. It will probably take a good 2 weeks to really start feeling the benefits but there is no point in doing it if you have a cheat day as you will go back to square one and it will tak another 2 weeks to feel the benefits again.
  • minimah7
    minimah7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it. May you give a bit more insight on it? What would you replace the wheat with?
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    i've been doing GF for about 2 months now and that coupled with digestive enzymes have done wonders for the inflammation in my larynx. Unfortunately i started both around the same time, so i'm not sure which is helping me the most. but over time I'll find out once I start tapering down on the digestive stuff.

i absolutely don't miss wheat whatsoever.
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any wheat or grains at all as I eat Primal. I love this way of eating, my whole body feels strong and healthy again. I also ultra low carb (less that 25g a day) and at 47 I don't look nor feel my age. Well done on trying this.

Edit to correct my bad typing <blush>
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    been gluten free for almost 3 years now. I will never go back. Gluten is poison to me.
  • Nige_Gsy
    Nige_Gsy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Have been wheat free since mid November 2011. Feel, so, so much better.
  • chicagospeechie
    chicagospeechie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been gluten free since March 18 - so far I feel great and my measurements are changing (although I'm eating less too). I did it out of medical necessity - I have Crohn's disease and gluten was causing some issues.

I miss it at social events when others are munching away but I don't really miss it at home or in my daily life. I don't want to fall into the trap of replacing gluten with processed non-gluten foods but I did make some homemade GF cupcakes as a treat last night (almond flower, eggs, honey, grapeseed oil, vanilla, and baking powder) and they were delicious! I won't miss a "real" cake on my birthday next month.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I've been grain free for over 2 years. Feel great!
  • fiona2785
    fiona2785 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi All - I have decided to go Wheat Free for 30 Days - So Far so good!! - WOOHOO!!

Anyone else giving it a try??

Can I ask why you decided to try wheat free? I don't mean that in a judgy way, I'm genuinely interested!
  • charovnitza
    charovnitza Posts: 689
    Options
    I stopped eating wheat and other grains on Dec 26, 2012. I also follow a low carb woe. I immediatelly stopped having hunger pangs, and don't think about eating wheat at all. I've also lost 25 pounds. Works for me!
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am trying to be wheat free. Recently have had allergy tests to try and get to the bottom of some of the health issues I have been having (sinus / post nasal drip / joint pain / excessive tiredness) that all other tests have shown that there is nothing wrong with me.
    Allergy tests show a high positive reaction to wheat and rye and diary (from cows), coffee, beef and potatoes. Allergy doc says that all my symptoms are classic allergy responses. I managed to cut wheat out for 5 days but then fell off the wagon with some nice fresh hot cross buns. Back on track as of yesterday.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating wheat and grains in July 2012, due to gluten intolerance and the need to control PCOS symptoms. Doing great!