Strength Training Suggestions

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for strength training at home without equipment?

Thanks!

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    You are your own gym and something like convict training-definitely got convict in the heading
  • bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    Options
    Pushups! They're wonderful for overall fitness and you can adjust your positioning to make it harder/easier and to work different muscles.

There are also squats, lunges, and different core workouts. There are plenty out there with instructions if you do a quick search.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Pushups, pullup, squats, lunges, dips, burpees, planks, sit ups, deadlifts
  • bri0628
    bri0628 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice and suggestions :)
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    There's plenty of body weight exercises you can do. Try bodybuilding.com and livestrong.com for suggestions. If you want to invest a little then I'd like to suggest a set of resistance tubes. Wal Mart carries a set from Gold's Gym for about $30 that even comes with a good workout dvd. I carry this set on me when I travel as well as use it at home from time to time.

Now, another idea with a minimal investment... Amazon.... you can buy a dumbbell set 105lb for $83. I actually have them on my wish list right now. Then Wal Mart has a bench for $50. It does incline and decline. You can do a lot with a 105lb dumbbell set and a bench.
  • Footballisdashit
    Options
    Plyometrics and body workouts!
    As stated above, bodybuilding.com would be your best place.
  • Trevsmom0703
    Options
    www.Fitnessblender.com has a LOT of different videos and they are FREE and amazing!! A lot of them are without weights, but they have some for kettle bells and hand weights. I have been doing their videos for over a year and love them!!! Check em out!!