How does my belly disapear??

Options

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Just watched the 5 foods to never eat video and to cut down belly fat. For those of you that don't have the time to watch it they are: concentrated fruit juices, marjorine (and things high in trans fats), whole wheat bread (it's processed and we all know we need to avoid that. Eat whole Grain instead), soy (91% is genetically modified), and GMO corn

No.

Please . . . no.

Abs are exposed by having low body fat. If you eat in a manner that is congruent with this you will expose your abs.

Fruit juice, margarine, and processed food has nothing to do with ab definition.
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just watched the 5 foods to never eat video and to cut down belly fat. For those of you that don't have the time to watch it they are: concentrated fruit juices, marjorine (and things high in trans fats), whole wheat bread (it's processed and we all know we need to avoid that. Eat whole Grain instead), soy (91% is genetically modified), and GMO corn

We've been genetically modifying foods for a very long time. Recently, with advances in genetics we've found a more efficient way of doing it. I'm sure that there are potential dangers in these new methods, but I'm not convinced that they are inherently dangerous. So my question is what specific nutritional impacts have been introduced by the genetic modification of corn and soy? What is it in gmo corn and soy that makes it create belly fat? I am not being a wise guy and am not advocating genetic modification, I just want to know.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Echo'ing the patience and deficit.

Also, strength training will help make sure your weight loss = fat loss.

I will also emphasize the resistance training since it wasn't mentioned much.

How do you define resistance training?
    What type of exercises (specifically) would that be?
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options

I do the swiss ball crunch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVBddP5oW8Y

But I hold a barbell behind my head. And put my feet under the couch. WIth 100 lbs of weight on the couch so it stays put. I am up to 3x8 sets with a 50 lbs barbell. That gets them burning but not to failure.

I have no idea if this is good or not. The dead lift seems to work the core really well, too.
  • Baileys83
    Baileys83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It WILL go - I have had 3 kids, the last 11 months ago and finally mine is almost gone. I found out I have celiacs disease and so cut out all wheat and gluten which helped a lot. I do a lot of zigzag dieting which speeds up my motabalism and strength training. I use HIT exercise which really works for me.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Deficit + Patience + Spanx
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

So something where you use resistance and fail(can't do another rep) from 1-25 reps. Reps depend on your goals.

Any exerise you're working against resistance, for example, bench press, or pushups. Both work same muscles but one uses weight the other doesn't. Some people ca use resistance bands as well too.

Pilates with a resistance band focusing on the core??
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I wonder why those ads for 6 pack abs are so popular? ... It's for people who think there is a shortcut.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    ahhh the magical question for which i wish i had the magical answer for.

unfortunately its:

patience
    calorie deficit

annoying i know but thats it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

No.

Please . . . no.

Abs are exposed by having low body fat. If you eat in a manner that is congruent with this you will expose your abs.

Fruit juice, margarine, and processed food has nothing to do with ab definition.

Yep to the no.
  • GellisIndigo
    GellisIndigo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Deficit + Patience + Spanx

Yep. This is what I'm currently doing!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

So something where you use resistance and fail(can't do another rep) from 1-25 reps. Reps depend on your goals.

Any exerise you're working against resistance, for example, bench press, or pushups. Both work same muscles but one uses weight the other doesn't. Some people ca use resistance bands as well too.

Pilates with a resistance band focusing on the core??

pilates is a form of resistance training, i just wouldn't focus on one muscle group such as "abs" got to work the entire body.

Agree and I do.
    I aggravated a lower back injury and am looking to strengthen my core so I can back to lifting heavier for squats, dead lifts etc.
  • graciepecie
    graciepecie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Don't know what other people think about this, but I had good success with JM 6pack in 6 weeks.

Did your belly 'disapeared'?

You don't understand.

What the girl said who did JM, burned more calories then she consumed. She was in a deficit.

It was just a joke, lighten up LOL.

If that was the magical awnser, I would have a flat tummy by now and I would not have asked this question of course.

I know the awnser is deficit and patience. I guess this was one of those question where you already know the awnser. But it's nice to read evybody's view on this topic.
  • graciepecie
    graciepecie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It WILL go - I have had 3 kids, the last 11 months ago and finally mine is almost gone. I found out I have celiacs disease and so cut out all wheat and gluten which helped a lot. I do a lot of zigzag dieting which speeds up my motabalism and strength training. I use HIT exercise which really works for me.

Yep, 2 kids. The last one 5 months ago. But I've never had a flat tummy in my lfe (it wasn't big also), but now I'm determined to have one LOL
  • Baileys83
    Baileys83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Yep, 2 kids. The last one 5 months ago. But I've never had a flat tummy in my lfe (it wasn't big also), but now I'm determined to have one LOL

Determination goes a long way :)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    pfft.... listen to sara.

belly poufing between me and Jason? He always wins.

7011956203_b6c1b6b628_n.jpg

8515071000_be6cda8c48_n.jpg
  • jestersand
    jestersand Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of leg ups and a variety of sit ups. It has helped me a lot, but as everyone says, you won't see a true flat tummy until the excess fat is gone. If you want fast, try to up the intensity of your cardio too.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options

No.

Please . . . no.

i have stopped processed foods , grains, dairy, and my abs are starting to show, losing weight, I eat lots of fat...good fat, please explain.
  • kristendube
    Options
    Rub it and say abra "kadabra"

hahahhaha... :"do you believe in magic"
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

No.

Please . . . no.

i have stopped processed foods , grains, dairy, and my abs are starting to show, losing weight, I eat lots of fat...good fat, please explain.

Your deficit is probably greater, since you've cut a lot of food items...that will also help weight loss:smile: