Replies

• jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would say red roses...
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    gerber daisies..they are so bright and beautiful!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    orange blossoms for the aroma and for the honey that is produced from them

but I'm a dude, what the heck do I know?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Spring flowers, daffodils, tulips, crocus but my very favorite are lily-of-the-valley.

I have lily-of-the-valley in my garden and they were my grandma's favorite.:smile:
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Miniature roses, currently :-)

Thought you all would be interested in the Miracle Fruit plant. I was intrigued when I last visited a plant nursery (in Queensland, Australia). They were selling the Miracle Fruit plant, Synsepalum dulcificum. The label said, Although not sweet itself this miraculous fruit, consumed fresh and allowed to coat the mouth alters your tastebuds so that everything you eat tastes sweet, all acid foods, such as lemon will taste deliciously sweet. The effect will last up to several hours. Miracle Fruit is a large slow growing shrub native to tropical Africa and prefers rich well-drained soils in a protected, partially shaded position.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    orange blossoms for the aroma and for the honey that is produced from them

but I'm a dude, what the heck do I know?

Well, at least you didn't say pansy...:wink:
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Daffodils!!! They grew in my grandmother's yard and they always remind me spring and warm weather will arrive soon!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

Thought you all would be interested in the Miracle Fruit plant. I was intrigued when I last visited a plant nursery (in Queensland, Australia). They were selling the Miracle Fruit plant, Synsepalum dulcificum. The label said, Although not sweet itself this miraculous fruit, consumed fresh and allowed to coat the mouth alters your tastebuds so that everything you eat tastes sweet, all acid foods, such as lemon will taste deliciously sweet. The effect will last up to several hours. Miracle Fruit is a large slow growing shrub native to tropical Africa and prefers rich well-drained soils in a protected, partially shaded position.

Interesting.
    Does it remove calories as well? :tongue:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Calla lilies and carnations. Roses are pretty but I can't stand the smell of them.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Zucchini blossoms stuffed with cheese and fried. Mmmmm.

Seriously, though, jasmine and citrus can't be beat for aroma. :flowerforyou:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Tulips and daisies. I hate when the tulips drop the petals and they are just stems. Then you don't know if you should cut them back or not. Then you do when you plant mid-spring flowers and feel guilty. Or is that just me? Maybe I'll just stick with daises.

I do a little and then I need to just let it go...:happy:
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    azalea
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    The flower that Dexter's girl uses to poison people.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Interesting.
    Does it remove calories as well? :tongue:

Don't know. Was wondering if it would make yukky medicine taste great, for children :-O
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    All sorts of roses. (my Mom's name was Rose)
    Pansys
    Marigolds
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hyacinths for their scent and Irises for their looks
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I have two: irises and lilacs. They bloom around the same time, at least where I live, at the beginning of June. It's also my favorite time of the year. I grow massive amounts of flowers and I would say my dahlias are my showstoppers.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Orchids. The Missouri Botanical Garden has an orchid show each year. You can walk around for hours admiring all the different varieties and hybrids. Pretty cool.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    lily of the valley

irises

hosta's
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Dwarf_Iris.jpg

Dwarf Iris