For all the girls/guys who talking about 1200 kcal max / day

Options
Hey there,

today I saw a really accurate and funny guy on youtube.com. You really just should look that film and say what you thinking about 8-)

Here is the link. Feel free to post after that 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Qp7sJJ7AE&list=UU0ASolYU_Yh3yShLFQC0stg

SO PLEASE DON´T GO UNDER 1200 kcal/day !!!!!!

Cheers and have a nice day you all mfpers....

Feel free to add me

Django1977

Replies

• Django1977
    Options
    Well...

no one wanna discuss that with me 8-)
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Not much for me to discuss on here other than to say I agree. He's talking about a very extreme case. Some on MFP are....some aren't. Many people on MFP who eat a VLCD are simply new and uneducated. But they will hopefully get the right info (before 4 years passes!!) to start a healthy lifestyle. In the case he's describing Elliott is right! Yo Elliott!!!!! :heart:

I regularly eat 1200 in one meal!!!
    crazy-owls_zps1e469afc.gif
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I only let myself back on MFP the other day. I had to ban myself because I freaked out if I DIDN'T get the 'you are eating too little' red message that pops up when you are under 1200.

So, I agree, 1200 is important. However, I still make sure I stay under 1300 because I am female, short and slim. It's all relative. I'm sure a large male would feel starving and ill on 1200 but it's actually plenty for me, I don't get hungry on it at all.
  • Django1977
    Options
    Hahahaha... I like the left owl.... *Gulp* and it was gone... 8-)
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    beating a dead horse
  • summerluvinfit
    summerluvinfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    On the radio the other morning they had a fitness instructor on talking about recent studies and whatnot and he said women should be eating about 1100-1200 calories per day to lose weight and men 1500-1600 to lose weight.... To each their own I guess... whatever works for you!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Some people do well on 1200 calories a day because that it is their legitimate goal calculated from their personal numbers...

On the other hand, I have only 1200 calories and my stomach wants to eat through my spine.

I think I may even be upping my calories some more starting next week since on 1650 calories, my workouts are suffering.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    dead-horse.gif
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    As someone new to this, I saw a bunch of folks saying that they were lowering to 1200 max a day. Glad there are a lot of people who don't agree with this - I'm happy where I am and have been successful at losing 20 lbs in a relatively short period of time! Think I'll keep the calorie goal where it is rather than worry about lowering it!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I only let myself back on MFP the other day. I had to ban myself because I freaked out if I DIDN'T get the 'you are eating too little' red message that pops up when you are under 1200.

So, I agree, 1200 is important. However, I still make sure I stay under 1300 because I am female, short and slim. It's all relative. I'm sure a large male would feel starving and ill on 1200 but it's actually plenty for me, I don't get hungry on it at all.
    sounds like you should reconsider your plan.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I didnt come up with my 1200 cals a day target, i entered my information and thats what this site told me to do.
    I didnt lower my target or cheat the information.
    There must be some logic for that being my goal intake, no?

charlie
  • sara0ann
    sara0ann Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    On the radio the other morning they had a fitness instructor on talking about recent studies and whatnot and he said women should be eating about 1100-1200 calories per day to lose weight and men 1500-1600 to lose weight.... To each their own I guess... whatever works for you!

Exactly. There is SOOO much conflicting information out there about EVERYTHING weight loss related that it's hard to know what to believe. It really does have to be 'whatever works for you', as long as you're remaining healthy!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I didnt come up with my 1200 cals a day target, i entered my information and thats what this site told me to do.

charlie

The logic is when you exercise you eat 1200 + exercise calories burned. So you'd actually eat MORE than 1200 calories total each day.
  • charliemarie923
    Options

charlie

The logic is when you exercise you eat 1200 + exercise calories burned. So you'd actually eat MORE than 1200 calories total each day.

Only IF you exercise though, right? If you dont exercise then theres no need to go above the given target?
  • StephanieCo3
    StephanieCo3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Mine is also calculated at 1200. I tried it with a goal of losing 2 lbs per week and then dropped it down to 1.5 lbs and it was still 1200 cals because I only lose 1.4 lbs a week eating 1200 cals. I don't have the time to exercise everyday so there will definitely be days I have to eat 1200 or less. My maintain cals is still like around 1500 or 1600.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

charlie

Only IF you exercise though, right? If you dont exercise then theres no need to go above the given target?

Absent a medical condition, why would you *not* exercise at all? The reason I ask is, I seldom hear of someone who doesn't exercise at all, reaching their goal weight and being satisfied with the results.
  • Deloresbolt
    Deloresbolt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could even go under 1200 calories a day. Totally agree, no one should go under 1200.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

charlie

Did you read the thread you started earlier about your calorie goals?
  • Django1977
    Options
    Hey there,

imho I highly recommend Scoobys Calorie Calculator. The guy is awesome.. Check his website --> http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Cheers

Django1977

Still in need of cool mfp fellow guys/girls.... feel free to add me
  • charliemarie923
    Options

charlie

Did you read the thread you started earlier about your calorie goals?

About the BMR and TDEE? yes i did. BUT i still dont get why this site would recommend 1200 cals for no reason if BMR is the minimum you can have to survive and that is significantly higher. And i am also trying to make the point that i didnt chose 1200 cals myself .
    charlie