Weight loss stall and in need of advice....

OK MFP Peeps! I will give you the run down on what is going on. I have been on MFP since May of last year and have lost 35 pounds. I am currently 143 pounds and 5 feet tall. In these last several months, my weigh loss has totally haulted. In January I weighed 140.8 and have gone up and then back down again since then. Last time I hit a stall was in October and I changed my diet radically (mostly raw and lean proteins) WELL, after I got a head cold and sinus infection in January, I was at my lowest weight and was actually very pleased! I wan't working out all that much because of snow and sickness, but I stayed on top of may cals 1300 total.
SO- here we are in almost APRIL and I have really been trying to figure out why I am stopping in the weight loss area. I have lost inches in the last month because I just finished month 1 of INSANITY. On top of doing insanity, I run and play soccer once a week. What I struggle with now, is what to do about my diet. I spent 4 weeks eating around 1700 a day (that was eating back most, if not all my work out cals) people told me I wasn't eating enough to fuel my body. Mind you inches are great, but I can only tell of that inch loss because my pants are falling off. My belly still seems bloated and pushed out and I don't feel slim or fit, like at all.
Am I eating too much? Take a look at my previous food diaries (not today obviously, it's eater weekend) I do have a cheat day once a week. Maybe that's the problem??? I have had a few days in the last several months I wasn't eating super great, but I usually eat a very balanced diet and don't feel deprived or starving. I eat alot of healthy veggies and fruits... I just want to FEEL like I am fit and the tricks that worked before, aren't working anymore. I start INSANITY month 2 on Monday and hear it is really hard, so I guess I should eat less and always have a deficiet????????I AM HUMAN! I WILL MAKE MISTAKES! But, I know I sound like a whiny brat. I have accomplished alot and am proud of myself, but I am getting discouraged for how hard I have been working! Advice would be greatly appreciated, and please don't just say "eat more" or "eat less" please be specific!

Replies

• Hab1978
    Hab1978 Posts: 57 Member
    Bump, in hopes of some responses!! :)
  • kpstacy
    kpstacy Posts: 41 Member
    Here is some advice you don't want to hear.... EAT MORE. Do not keep a defecit.... eat what MFP tells you and make sure you are logging in your workout right. Number 2.... if your pants are falling, sheesh... what else could you ask for. The scale doesn't take into account lean muscle and retaining weight (PMS)..... If you have hit a plateau, eat more.... It worked for me.. and I am 96lbs lighter for 7 years!
  • blwalton70
    blwalton70 Posts: 71 Member
    BUMP