Girls with big butts/ thighs

Options
I've been into fitness and nutrition stuff basically all my life, I work out at least 5x per week if not every day. However, I recently attended an open call and interview at a modeling agency and was told that if I worked there I would need to lose more weight on my thighs. I'm very pear shaped, so whenever I gain weight it's always in my butt and my thighs first. I wear a size 2 in jeans but I wanted to at least get to a 1 or 0 and tone up my legs and butt. Any reccomendations for diet and exercise tips? (Side note- I'm a veg)

Replies

• Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I would like to know too !!! I hate being sooo pear shaped I'm currently 141lb I want to get 125lb
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ....I am so jealous of you pears.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I would also like to know!
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i would like to know too...
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I am hourglass shaped, but I lost a lot of inches on my butt and thighs from running.
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm also a pear! I started weightlifting heavy weights and I have noticed my butt and thighs have gotten much tighter

Right now I squat 70lbs and DL 90. I also do split squats with 45lbs I think it really helps the butt!
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    I have a feeling the majority of responses will say you can't spot tone....

That said, I think stretching and working on flexibility may help. I noticed my legs began to get slightly smaller when I started working on flexibility more. Also, all the usual butt/ thighs stuff like squats, lunges, wall sits, bridge, etc.

here's a pic of what my daily thigh workout is... though, I made this a while ago so I do more of certain things now... lol

o10h7o.jpg

edit because posting a picture *NEVER* works the first time... am I right?
  • Laubsta
    Laubsta Posts: 3
    Options
    I think you should just ignore the modeling agency..

Real answer though is fat comes off in layers. Best way to burn fat (in my opinion) is resistance training. Squats, lunges, wall balls, all with added free weights. Use HIIT cardio of course. 80 percent of your results will be from nutrition anyways and since you are a vegetarian I'm sure your diet is in check. Watch how much fruit you take in.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Women clothing sizes are dumb. "size zero".
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling the majority of responses will say you can't spot tone....

You cant spot reduce, but you can spot tone. The fat comes off everywhere but you can build muscle in specific parts.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO!!! At Y'all!
  • MRincrediBURN
    Options

Real answer though is fat comes off in layers. Best way to burn fat (in my opinion) is resistance training. Squats, lunges, wall balls, all with added free weights. Use HIIT cardio of course. 80 percent of your results will be from nutrition anyways and since you are a vegetarian I'm sure your diet is in check. Watch how much fruit you take in.

THIS!!! Great Advice..I am not a girl but this type of training has helped me and I have trained other girls get the same results..pic of results below:

awqiqc.jpg

Feel free to add I can give you more tips.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I would recommend working elsewhere.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    SQUAT. SQUAT. ADD MOAR WEIGHT. SQUAT.

Seriously. Deadlifts are also fantastical for your hammies. See my picture for proof.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, my thighs just got bigger from working out! My jeans got smaller in the waist, but now they are tight in the thighs. Oh well, it's better than being a big fat thigh, I guess ;)
  • sarahbethfit233
    Options
    Yeah I do a lot of cardio, I usually run somewhere around 4 to 5 miles every other day. I eat a low carb diet as much as possible being a vegetarian. I haven't been able to do a whole lot of resistance training lately, but I did do crossift for awhile before our class got cancelled but we didn't get very far in, so I'm not sure how well crossfit type stuff works.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I am surprised they told you to lose more in your thighs/butt if you are a size 2. Even by modelling standards that's small enough, i think.
    Could you look into bikini/ underwear type modelling agencies? I think they would not be as adamant about you losing more weight.
    And strength training works. Lift heavy.
  • Laubsta
    Laubsta Posts: 3
    Options
    Yeah I do a lot of cardio, I usually run somewhere around 4 to 5 miles every other day. I eat a low carb diet as much as possible being a vegetarian. I haven't been able to do a whole lot of resistance training lately, but I did do crossift for awhile before our class got cancelled but we didn't get very far in, so I'm not sure how well crossfit type stuff works.

Instead of running do explosive plyometrics. Uses the fast twitch muscles and gives your legs/butt a great workout. Try a zig-zag diet..there are so many things you can try. Sometimes you just have to mix it up. You will plateau if you don't ever change your routine. Overall I still stick with my first answer of ignore the modeling agency.
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried or considered doing Callanetics?!
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options

THIS!!! Great Advice..I am not a girl but this type of training has helped me and I have trained other girls get the same results..pic of results below:

awqiqc.jpg

Feel free to add I can give you more tips.

This makes me want a gym membership so I can lift