10 pounds loss, more inches gained.

Options
So I have lost 10 pounds, and I measure myself every time I weigh in.... but my measurments have actually either stayed the same, or gotten bigger.... But I'm losing pounds. Any explanation?

Replies

• Angelgranny2007
    Options
    I read that losing fat but gaining muscle can do that. :flowerforyou:
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    Options
    I read that losing fat but gaining muscle can do that. :flowerforyou:

That's it!!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    It depends where youre losing them from....I wouldnt expect to see a waist measurement go up on a woman with a loss of lbs. What kind of diet are you on?
  • taalibahdenise
    Options
    You may be holding water.
  • yaya11
    yaya11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you are lifting weights this can happen. For me it happens with my thighs (which I truly HATE!), and arms the most.
  • cheyannheartsyou
    Options
    I have just been eating a healthy diet. But I am on my TOM, so water might be the problem here. I didn't even think of that.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Measurements are very difficult to take in the same place each time, so maybe your measurements are just a bit off? If you've lost 10 pounds I think it is unlikely that it would ALL be water weight so I think you can fairly safely assume you have lost some fat :flowerforyou:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have just been eating a healthy diet. But I am on my TOM, so water might be the problem here. I didn't even think of that.

Good call. Do you go to a gym? You could get them to take a body fat measurement, and keep track of that....even when the inches dont appear to be changing, your body might :)