Chocolate ............

Options
I weakened and had chocolate yesterday, Thornton's Chocolate Mints 58cals - they were yummy and had 6! But that was my choice I made. I felt my body needed it, I wasn't hungry, but had to have it! Next time what should I do?

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i don't see a problem with having chocolate everyday?
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Girl, don't deprive yourself! If overall you are doing great eating healthy (and looking at your ticker, I think you are doing pretty good :P) , eat that chocolate! Don't feel bad about it. I also have my chocolate and white bread when I feel like I just really want it. I just don't eat 20 pieces (I easily could) but, like you, just have 5 - 6 pieces. It really doesn't matter that much! Or: buy some dark chocolate, healthier and so good!
  • mozzie88
    mozzie88 Posts: 33
    Options
    Next time what should I do?

Share with me! I love chocolate mints! :laugh: You look fantastic so why not treat yourself once in a while??
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    It may not be chocolate you were craving. But I envy you.

I can't eat it anymore. I've gone so long without the extra sugar (unless from fruit) that if I have any I pass out soon after (like I've been drinking) and then wake up next day with a hangover.... yep a chocolate/sugar hangover that lasts all damn day.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Honestly I've had an unhealthy chocolate addiction since a kid.

I've eaten chocolate at least weekly, through my entire weight loss of like 30 lbs lol. Moderation is key, specific foods don't make you fat, excess cals do.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :wink: Its not what you eat yesterday or today .... Its what you eat from this Easter till next that counts ....:laugh:
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    Chocolate isn't a problem especially if it's dark chocolate. I heard on Dr. Oz that dark chocolate is to be healthier for you than any other kind of chocolate so since chocolate can be a weakness for me I make sure that I reach for dark chocolate.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I eat a bar daily. It's nice.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    i don't see a problem with having chocolate everyday?

^^This^^ anything in moderation is fine
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is my weakness too. I work it in to my cals - I don't want to give it up!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Next time what should I do?
    Well... if you're not happy with how much you had, then next time just have less.

I have chocolate nearly every day; I'm ok with that. I also make sure it's something I really enjoy, so I don't feel like it's a waste of calories. :drinker:
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It's too late for me, I juts eat a whole Galaxy Cookie Crumble slab. Save yourselves...
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    It's too late for me, I juts eat a whole Galaxy Cookie Crumble slab. Save yourselves...

They are yummy though!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Honestly I've had an unhealthy chocolate addiction since a kid.

I've eaten chocolate at least weekly, through my entire weight loss of like 30 lbs lol. Moderation is key, specific foods don't make you fat, excess cals do.

I am really starting to believe that also. Every single time I have "binged" on chocolate (staying within caloric range or even slightly over) I would lose tremendously the next morning.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    exercise to make room for choco? :P
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have a small bar, like a cadbury fudge or chomp, most days :) they're around 110 cals and satisfy the chocolate craving. And they last long if I cut them up into tiny slices :laugh:
  • soyGRTL
    soyGRTL Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My absolute weakness is Hershey's Symphony. I could easily eat the entire giant bar in one day but now I let myself eat a couple of pieces a day yet feel satisfied. Have been able to lose 26 lbs so far even with eating chocolate everyday. My advice is to enjoy in moderation. Eat the pieces slowly and observe the taste, smell, texture. Doing that will help you feel more "satisfied" ... good luck!
  • freekat
    freekat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate every day. Just a small piece and I nibble it. Maybe you could too and it would stop the cravings!
  • alkonost0
    alkonost0 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have chocolate every day... that is my weakness. I try to eat 1 piece each day, sometimes I eat more, sometimes not at all.
    You should allow yourself some treats every one and then.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay under your calorie goal!

I had 2 Dove chocolate eggs and a 100 calorie bar from Trader Joe's. And I was still 250 calories under or something at the end of the day.