Losing almost 100lbs & gaining it all back. My story.

Options

Replies

• NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I started to gain weight after my 1st child & continued to gain. Then 2010 I finally decided to do something with the love & support of family members. When I got back to my original weight when I got married 74kg 2011 I was happy again, then I gave up smoking & lost my way into food again 2013 Im back to where I was and more 110kg. Add me if you like I would to support you and we can get back to where we need to be. Best of luck! x
  • Boolana
    Boolana Posts: 2
    Options
    Your story is amazing. You are a very courageous lady to be so honest. I am only at the start of my own journey, but want to say "well done" and wish you well for yours. You have done this once, so you will do it again!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I've felt like a failure after losing 37lbs and gaining back 15. I tell myself I am human and it happens, but that doesnt make me feel any better! Thank you fo sharing your story and I wish you the best of luck on your journey (:
  • travelgal59
    travelgal59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    congrats on the lil man. I too have literally lost and gained back 100 plus pounds, not once but TWICE that's right literally TWICE. Talk about feeling embarrassed. Now I am working on it again. In addition i have lost smaller amounts several times as well. the moral of the story is just keep trying. I know,for me, if I'm not trying I'm gaining. It sucks but it is a fact. So keep up the very hard work and enjoy the improvements and you will be successful. :flowerforyou:
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Amazing story and beautifully written. Good luck with it all. One day at a time!! you can do this!!!!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you...... and yes - you are doing this for your son , but also for yourself...think of all the important events to come in his life ... you need to be there for his first day at school, hid first football match, his first girlfriend, his prom, graduation, wedding...your grandkids......and then when he has grown into a lovely young man and flown the nest - you will have a wonderful life yourselves ....... I know you know all this and will not waste your life..........

Welcome back to the rest of your life x
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story - and good luck on getting healthy again. You can do this, for your son and for yourself.
  • ObesetoHealthy
    Options
    Loved this story. :') :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • Good luck! You can do this.... It's my first day today too.. I'm not kidding myself it will be easy.. But for all the right reasons I want this so so much! Here's to the journey of our new life and new beginnings. X
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP & welcome back to your journey to health! It's amazing what our children can inspire us to do! You can do this!
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank You for posting! You have my support!
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! I have also lost and gained 50+ lbs over the years. I know what it can do to your self esteem and general overall life. Congratulations on taking the first step to getting healthy again! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I log in every day and have an open diary.
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What a moving story! you need to do this for your son. You have done it before and you know you can do it again. You seem to have a really good support structure, too. Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Awe, your story is inspiring. You have the tools to do this!

I am a mom of 2 that works full time and juggles as well, I am maintaining my loss now but if you are looking for new friends, send me a request.
  • HelensReady
    Options
    Thanks for sharing you'r story, wow, you've done this once...I'm almost sure you will do it again!!! wishing you all the best :wink:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss and your determination to do it again.

Research suggests that those most likely to keep weight off are those who actively try to. Our bodies want us to stay the weight they are used to being until our new weight becomes the norm, which, research suggests, takes SIX years! Don't feel bad for doing what was natural, just be ready to do things a bit differently this time.

:flowerforyou:
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Wow. What a story. At least what you have done in the past proves that you are capable of doing this again!
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it! Don't add to your own burdens by chastising yourself about gaining some back; focus on moving forward!

Be kind to yourself! :flowerforyou: :smile: Your family loves you and needs you and I"m sure you can do it!
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    And not JUST for Jackson...for YOU, because YOU deserve it. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Sending you a friend request now, because I can't wait to cheer you on at every pound lost (and even in between).