Does anyone struggle in high heels?

Options

Replies

• jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It is all about practie! I don't wear them as often as I used to, but I do love a stiletto heel. I think I walk better in them than in sandals. Never once have I tripped and feel in a heel, I fall everyday walking barefoot though.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I always looked inelegant walking in heels and was on the skinny side well into my 40s. Weak ankles. Never could ice skate either.
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I hate wearing Heels as i always end up looking like a Transvestite.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I couldn't walk in heals at my heaviest and I can't walk in them now. Well I can but I don't see the point in doing that to myself. I tried wearing heals but I found they effected my knees and ankles negatively so I figure what's the point. Flats make more sense to me and I see women "trying" to wear heels and the poor things can't even walk without stumbling around and they look like they are in pain (this is not cute). So for me heels are pointless although it is very entertaining to watch women at the bar try to stay upright while walking in heels. Sometimes they wobble and do fall down.
  • StephanieCo3
    StephanieCo3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love the wedge heels now instead of a pointed heel. And they even make the ones with thick heels that are still 3-4"+. When I was in college, I wore the skinny 4" heels all the time, I had no problems running in them. I even did a bit of tumbling (mostly just handsprings) in high heel boots one Halloween when I was Batgirl. But now my feet are no longer used to them and I prefer wedges.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I've always struggled with heels, and I've never been overweight.

I think to some extent, weight will play a part. However, for some people it just isn't their thing, no matter their weight.
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Two things:

#1 I have never been able to walk in heels, even at below my ideal weight. I just lurch around like an ogre and here is nothing sexy about that so I avoid them.

#2 Maybe it's just me, and I don't mean to be mean, but large women on high heels look ridiculous to me. They make their feet look tiny and they remind me of hooves because they're so small at the end of a lady that isn't. No one is looking at your feet and thinking "ooh, she's sexy" they're looking at the whole picture and the tiny little things at the end of your legs just accentuate your bigger parts. The worst is skinny jeans and heels on a chunky lady. Why would anyone want to do that? Maybe I just don't get it, I'm not exactly Miss Fashionista. Except my sunglasses, those are the bomb-diggity.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to walk in heels and I don't even bother trying now. Actually, thinking about it none of my female friends wear heels either.

When you really think about it they're a bloody stupid bit of kit - bad for your feet, bad for your back and ranging from 'not that comfortable' through to 'crippled in pain.' Why do it to ourselves?

Nah...if I want to wear something elegant when out and about there's lots of really pretty pumps and mules that do the job.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a weight thing, it's a balance thing. I do a tango class where you dance on the balls of your feet and women wear vertiginous spiky heels (it actually helps with your dance technique). There's a wide range of weights and it doesn't seem to be an issue.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I always have problem with heels even now that I'm already thin. Comfort is one thing since my shoe size is big for a feet that's boney but wide but the huge part of the reason is that I hate girly stuff especially heels. They make me feel less masculine & I want to express my authentic self being a "manly" chick.
  • ChubbyNaty
    Options
    lol I only wear heels for special occasions and when I do I always make sure I bring a pair of flip flops.
    It's already hard for me to find heel in my size since my feet is wide.
    When I try the high heels with the thin heel I sear I feel like I'm going to break them so I tend to wear thick heels since I find them more better to walk in. :smile:
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    No don't wear them :laugh:
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Could never do high heels. I'm a size 11 shoe. I can't wear flats either so between 1-2 inches is comfortable.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    i can walk just fine in heels.

i still don't wear them. who the hell decided that a shoe that drastically increased your risk of ugly bunions & painful injuries, a shoe that stopped you being able to move fast in a crisis, was the epitome of feminine beauty?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

i still don't wear them. who the hell decided that a shoe that drastically increased your risk of ugly bunions & painful injuries, a shoe that stopped you being able to move fast in a crisis, was the epitome of feminine beauty?

Lol, really short women. I'm 5'1. And that '1 is if I stand reeealllly straight. It makes me feel less awkward if I'm not quite so short.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    try a heel that's not too skinny, and keep your posture straight
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

Lol, really short women. I'm 5'1. And that '1 is if I stand reeealllly straight. It makes me feel less awkward if I'm not quite so short.
    *looks down on you*

:-p
  • Hollybot2
    Hollybot2 Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I love love love my heels. I love when I get a chance to wear them. Unfortunetly lately if I'm not in scrubs and tennis shoes I'm in bed, but thats not the point! I struggled for years, so I wore them all the time everywhere. You get used to them
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Nah. I started wearing 2 inch wedges every other day to practice. Every month or so I would up the heel inch. I could walk in 5 inch stilettos now yeee budday
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible time with them.