petty jealousy problems...

Options
2»

Replies

• benum21121
    benum21121 Posts: 200
    Options
    There's a huge difference between thin/skinny and 'fit' with women. Fit women don't care about the scale number due to their physiques being traditionally different than thin/skinny. And fit is far more attractive than skinny!!
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference between thin/skinny and 'fit' with women. Fit women don't care about the scale number due to their physiques being traditionally different than thin/skinny. And fit is far more attractive than skinny!!

Quite right!! The fashion industry has a lot to answer for when they put skinny women on the catwalk, and I don't just the attendant eating disorders that are rife in the modelling world.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    To be honest, there will always be someone prettier, thinner, richer, better hair, car, boobs, whatever..... Who cares? You can do NOTHING about anyone else in the world, so there is no point comparing yourself... Just work on being the best you that you can be.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm going to jump on the lift heavy band wagon.

Not only will it change your body composition, but you will feel amazing.

Regardless, from your pictures I think you look beautiful.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm 5'2 at 131 right now and i'm all flabby and blah (working on it) I see girls my height same weight that have rock hard abs. drives me nuts. I blame myself though. i didn't do enough strength while I was losing weight and I'm stuck in that skinny fat phase. I'm doing p90x though and my *kitten* is finally starting to firm up. In phase one it was so flabby it was smacking me in the back on the legs during plyo. I'll get where I want to be eventually and so will you if you work at it.
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    To be honest, there will always be someone prettier, thinner, richer, better hair, car, boobs, whatever..... Who cares? You can do NOTHING about anyone else in the world, so there is no point comparing yourself... Just work on being the best you that you can be.

^^^ This :flowerforyou:
  • debdatchp
    debdatchp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I recommend looking at old pics of yourself and see how far you've come. 34lbs is quite an accomplishment and someday when those bombshells lose their figure, I bet they are going to have a harder time fixing it than you have. Keep up the good work and don't be so hard on yourself.

If you're into alternative approaches, there is a book by Donna Eden called Energy Medicine for Women - she gives a number of workshops around the country if you wanted to go. In the book she explains that our bodies have a 'set point' weight, and that no matter how hard people try, they cannot get below that weight. HOWEVER Donna tells you how to stimulate a number of pressure points around your body (very much like acupuncture only w/o the needles), which will help change that set point. I've lost 15 of the 26 lbs I wanted to lose, and seem to have plateaued. I don't know if Eden's technique had anything to do with where I am now, I was at 136 when I started and am 'stuck' at 121... I am changing the set point I'd given myself from 120 to 110 and taking a couple of months and check my progress. This along with better eating habits, exercise and logging it all on MFP is sure to make a difference. Hope this helps!
  • lvmygsp
    lvmygsp Posts: 14 Member
    Options

^^^^OMG, YES. If you take nothing else away from this thread, take THIS.^^^ And, thank you, poster.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Get in the gym with the boys and lift heavy, its the future!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    okay for real. serious question.

i'm totally jealous, and its totally petty... and i know it. k?
    my goal is not to make anybody upset or make anyone feel... awkward?

but seriously, i am 128 pounds... and i see all these BOMB gals who are like 140-150 and up, and
    they have WAY hotter bodies than i do... like bikini able...

HOW does this happen?!

i mean i know i have a little one and what not... but like where the hell are you hiding 30+ pounds?!?!?!?!

i'm super jealous, and i want to know like from you ladies, is it just a complete different body build... or just mere fact that we are harder on ourselves than other people?... =\

I have that same problem sometimes. A lot of them taller than me. I'm 5 foot. That extra 5 or 6 inches on them makes a big difference in how the weight looks.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I recommend looking at old pics of yourself and see how far you've come. 34lbs is quite an accomplishment and someday when those bombshells lose their figure, I bet they are going to have a harder time fixing it than you have. Keep up the good work and don't be so hard on yourself.

If you're into alternative approaches, there is a book by Donna Eden called Energy Medicine for Women - she gives a number of workshops around the country if you wanted to go. In the book she explains that our bodies have a 'set point' weight, and that no matter how hard people try, they cannot get below that weight. HOWEVER Donna tells you how to stimulate a number of pressure points around your body (very much like acupuncture only w/o the needles), which will help change that set point. I've lost 15 of the 26 lbs I wanted to lose, and seem to have plateaued. I don't know if Eden's technique had anything to do with where I am now, I was at 136 when I started and am 'stuck' at 121... I am changing the set point I'd given myself from 120 to 110 and taking a couple of months and check my progress. This along with better eating habits, exercise and logging it all on MFP is sure to make a difference. Hope this helps!

If that was true no-one would be anorexic. I doubt any of them used acupressure to get to their low weights. :noway:
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    My sister and I are the exact same height. We both lift. At one point, we each put on the same jeans which fit us both about the same then got on the scale and saw a 15lb difference (I was higher).

I think it is our skeletons. She is built like the love child of a ballerina and a bird.I am build like...put it this way...I wrote for my high school paper and on of the other female writers wanted to join the football team to write a piece about how she would be treated and what have you. She backed out because the entire team's response to the idea was, "That's fine but can you give the story to nokanjaijo instead?"
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Lifting. Heavy. Trading fat for lean mass. Do yourself a favor - toss the scale and pick up The New Rules of Lifting for Women.

GL!

I AGREE! :flowerforyou:
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to make sense of this kind of thing too. There was a thread a while back about being 5'4" and 150 lbs. A couple of the women who posted those stats looked frickin' amazing. I only had a body like theirs when I weighed 115 lbs and was lifting heavy several days a week at the gym and running 30 miles a week. Where in the world did they put that extra 35 lbs? I'd like to know!
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    i do me... you do you...

if i base my strength gains off those who are 8 years younger than me 'll most likely fail.... thats just one example... trying to "do" others can be pretty upsetting.... however, seeing consistent progress, you will reach your goals...
  • xscarletXbegoniasx
    Options
    okay for real. serious question.

i'm totally jealous, and its totally petty... and i know it. k?
    my goal is not to make anybody upset or make anyone feel... awkward?

but seriously, i am 128 pounds... and i see all these BOMB gals who are like 140-150 and up, and
    they have WAY hotter bodies than i do... like bikini able...

HOW does this happen?!

i mean i know i have a little one and what not... but like where the hell are you hiding 30+ pounds?!?!?!?!

i'm super jealous, and i want to know like from you ladies, is it just a complete different body build... or just mere fact that we are harder on ourselves than other people?... =\

i have this same jealousy problem!! with my body shape i carry all my weight in my tummy. i hate it.