Losing almost 100lbs & gaining it all back. My story.

Options

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful and heartbreaking read.

You will do this for Jackson, but you need to do this for YOU too. You are worth every ounce of effort you put forward. Never forget that.
  • odicity
    odicity Posts: 1
    Options
    Can't believe it lost up lose up to 5 pounds per week with http://tinyurl.com/cqnaoqu
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. Thanks for sharing everything. You are amazing. I would love to add you as a friend. I've been at this for 2.5 years and I'm still going strong. You are gonna rock this!!!
  • funkylemur
    funkylemur Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good luck :happy:
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world. I know, and so do you that you can do this. Thankfully I am past child bearing, so know I don't have that to think about, but also I don't have a wee one to laugh and share my journey with, mine are teenagers now. Please keep us posted on your progress, you really are a very special mom.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll do awesome.

You did this all before, and it seems you have the right mind set to do it again!

What matters is that you WANT to do it again and aren't just going to give up!

Kudos to you! You rock girl! :)
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    A very moving story. I wish you all the success in the world. You obviously had it in you to do it before so I'm positive that you can do it again. And this time you will have your son there to motivate you also. Have you considered getting a baby-jogger stroller? You could start out walking as much as possible and move to running if you feel like it. Not only would you be getting a good work out you would be having special time with your son and teaching him healthy habits. Good luck again and feel free to ad me as a friend if you would like too. :)
  • Getit_Simpson
    Getit_Simpson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Still an inspiration. You're not a quitter!
    :flowerforyou:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I can totally sympathise, being a mum of 2 little ones myself. I lost a lot of weight for my wedding and was pregnant a month later, put on weight despite exercise, lost it all, got pregnant again, out on loads and now here I am 60lbs down and a US size 8 and determined to get a but smaller and stay that way. I'd like another baby but would have to be so careful not to out on weight.

At my biggest I was around a us size 16, so not massive, but it was big for me and I felt uncomfortable.

It is so worth it to lose weight and be heathy for your kids, not only to live longer, but to be stronger, able to play with them and teach them healthy habits.

Good luck!
  • hellokittyhorror
    hellokittyhorror Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I hope you can find comfort & inspiration in your MFP community!
  • leahshepherd
    leahshepherd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    For low calorie recipes: www.skinnytaste.com - it will change your life. I guarentee the recipes taste amazing. You wont even know you are eating healthy, balanced meals!
  • bethanykf
    bethanykf Posts: 68
    Options
    I added you - our stories are very similar. :)

B
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Great story. Feel free to add me!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story with us. I think you already know that you have what it takes to turn this all around like you have previously done. You will get back on track in no time. Just be patient with yourself, with your body. Congratulations on your baby boy.. That is truly a blessing that you want to stop this in it's track and gain your life back. Your doing this for you and for your family that's beautiful. I wish you all the luck!
  • Shirlls123
    Shirlls123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You did it before, so you can do it again!

Good luck! and thanks for sharing your story

x
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Your attitude will positively affect your goals. Best of luck to you! You and your family are worth it.
  • nannybubbles
    Options
    I have 4 sons and can totally relate to your story.... I tried diets so many times and failed.... I have now lost over 100lbs BUT... I am 57 and the best support I can give you is DO IT NOW....don't wait as long as I did because quite frankly it is such a waste.... I am really glad I am doing it now, but wish I had done it so much earlier.... you know you can do it and if I can be of any support to you please feel free to add me and good luck
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You only fail if you quit trying, so you haven't failed or let anyone down. All the very best because we know you can do it - and do it for YOURSELF as well!!! :flowerforyou: YOU GO GIRL!!
  • chera79
    chera79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing story!!! Thank you for sharing and I wish you the best of luck in your continued journey! :)
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Something I have learned,,,,a long time ago.....do it for yourself, first. Ive tried doing this for others and it I failed every time. Like the flight attendants say when they do their safety introduction on the plane,,,,,in case of emergency, put the mask on yourself first. And thats how Im looking at this weight loss journey. Welcome back!!!