messed up the SI Joint

Options
Corig22
Corig22 Posts: 31 Member
Anyone have some PT tips for working on the SI joint? Mine is messed up and it really hurts to walk and exercise. Need to get it back to where it needs to be before I can continue to work out. Right now the doctor has me using ice all the time and 800 mil. of Advil 3 times a day.

So any strength or stretching exercises that may help that anyone is familer with??

Thanks!

Replies

• doris_day
    doris_day Posts: 159
    Options
    My doc said to do the elliptical for 30 minutes. Interval 5 minutes of forward motion and then backwards motion. As I feel better I up the resistance.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm actually dealing with the SI joint too!

Go to a chiropractor. Seriously. I've had two appointments and my activity level is almost back to where it was pre-injury.
    If you find a good one, they'll teach you stretches and exercises as well as do the adjustment.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I differ in my opinion. Go to PT and get the modalities and the hands on therapy you need. The SI joint responds well to core stabilization exercises more than anything as well. Not crunches, but exercises where you brace the core and hold the position. The PT can teach you to do these on your own
  • gina145
    gina145 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Have issue toO and a PTA. tRY Laying on the floor with Swiss Ball under your knees, a few pelvic tilts, gentle knees side<>side, and the single knee to chest to stretch.