the calouries you used to eat before mfp

Options
Is anyone willing to post up there days cal intake before they came here, I am! and i know now from what I eat now , that most days would have been easy 3000 cals in one day, and about 600 cals of that would have went on biscuits, or cookies to you americans.
I just read on a post about serving sizes on packets of stuff and how small they often are, and that,s because in a lot of cases you don,t get much for your 1400 a day .
some days maybe well have been way worse than that.
It makes me think about this alot and the more tv shows i see about really obese people and how much they really consume and it really gives you a wake up call.:wink:

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I used to eat/drink around 3,500-4,000. My current calorie goal with deficit is 2,200...my maintenance is 2,500-2,600
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Before I started losing weight, I gained rather successfully at 3500+ calories a day. Ugh and it was mostly chips and cookies and ice cream and bread and pasta...

Now, 2000 covers me just fine with a lot less processed stuff (but I still eat all my favorites!)
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I have no idea--that's why I started using MFP, to find out :)
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    I don't know what my entire count would be before MFP, but my "normal" breakfast would typically be a sausage, egg, and cheese McGriddle and a french vanilla latte. Total calorie count: 790. That was breakfast. Then I'd have a fried chicken sandwich with ranch dressing and fires for lunch and then dinner. So I'm sure I was at at least 2000 calories a day, likely more.

I'm still not great at choosing veggies over carbs or skipping dessert, but I'm much better at thinking ahead about what I'll be eating and knowing when to stop.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure, but I know I could easily eat a double baconator, large fries and a large frosty from Wendy's on a regular basis. And that would just be lunch.
  • RabidCarrot
    RabidCarrot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My daily calorie total was easily 3500+ and I'm only 5'2". Most of my calories came from lots of sweets, breads, pastas and coffee drinks. Still eat these things just not as freely and frequently as before.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Well... I did maintained at 95 kg for a couple of years, so I guess I averaged daily at 2300-2400 calories, but I was having most certain some days when I would have gone 3000+. Most calories being all kinds of cheeses (full fat, things like 45% fat) and fat meats/sausages and cooking with lots of butter and eating nuts in packages, not servings (and a package may have had 5 servings... talking about eating 1000 calories in almonds only some days).
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Not sure. All I was focusing on before was limiting carbs. But I would let myself eat tons of diabetic friendly desserts and snack foods without considering things like sodium, fat content. Just ate it because it was low carb. Now, I notice all of it. I guess if I could estimate, it would have been ranging at about 2500 - 3000 cal a day.
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Mine was easily 3000-3500 a day. Sadly a lot of it was empty calories in soda or fruit juice.
  • brittrose33
    Options
    I was killing 1000 a day in liquor alone.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    3000- 3500 calories but I eat that much most days now the difference is I have two active jobs, I lift weights and love to workout outdoors (rock climbing, hiking, swimming at the lake ect...).
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess id average around 3,000. The thing is, most people who know me would say I was quite healthy.

I worked out 6 days a week, sometimes twice a day, and still gained 30 lbs in 2 yrs. I ate lots of vegetables. I just had a few bad habits that have made all the difference.

Favourite bad things that I now avoid include:

Pumpkin spice lattes (or really any drink from from Starbucks) - a good 500 calories
    Any kind of scone or muffin - average 400 cals
    Toasted bagels with cream cheese - 400 cals ish
    French fries - Around 400 cals
    A lot of beer....

I miss them all very much :(
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Does this all make you think about the cals that can be in your food?:smile::smile: :smile: . I think its a good lesson to learn. Its better to know than be oblivious to the foods your eating. At least if you want a treat you can have it and know that one time is not going to be as bad as before.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    about 4,000 - 5,000

gonna log a typical day back then just to check
    yep thats about right
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    between 700 - 800

yes, hundreds not thousands, and if i ever got hungry, I was too busy to care. :)

Now I fight to get over 1000 most days, but I AM losing!
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Had to be easily 3,000-5,000 a day. Sometimes I'd think to myself that it had been weeks since I'd eaten any real food. I became malnourished eating like that and I was 150 pounds overweight. Just disgusting to think of it now.
  • Kellllog
    Kellllog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I could easily drink 1000 in fruit juice alone every day. Plus eating big portions of everything.
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I must have been eating at maintenance which I suppose would be about 2000-ish as I didn't actually put on any weight for a year and a bit prior to joining mfp.
  • Jude_V
    Jude_V Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just used tomorrows food tracker to list a 'typical' day of pre-mfp food - it came to 3500. It really is surprising when you see it all listed there...

I really hope I'm never going back there :(
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Probably a similar amount in terms of calories but my protein intake was low and I didn't lift and only did cardio.