No carbs at night...

Options
2»

Replies

• Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Going to bed hungry sucks.

Eat carbs at night, you get sleepier - and have a better night's sleep because you aren't hungry.

Works for me, anyhow.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat mostly carbs before bed - not for any reason other than nighttime munchies. lol Doesn't seem to be a problem.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs whenever I feel like I want them :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Carbs turn into tiny werewolves after sundown and leave hairballs instead of fat deposits.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I think the don't eat carbs at night has to do with people that tend to snack after dinner. It seems that if this is an issue someone is facing, as a temporary measure, it makes sense.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to be clear...I love carbs, I'd eat them as I was lying down in bed if I wanted too :laugh: I was just curious if people actually did this and had it work for them. I also know a bunch of people that don't eat after 8 pm :huh: .... to each their own I guess
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Carbs turn into tiny werewolves after sundown and leave hairballs instead of fat deposits.

Are you absolutely certain that isn't the cat? I know they try to have an alibi for everything, including the half a mouse left on the doorstep in the morning, but I do have my suspicions about the clumps under the bed.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Eat carbs (within your allowance). Sleep well.Get up and exercise - that will work!
  • bmwauug
    bmwauug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I usually have a carb/protein shake at night and almost always work out early - good for the boddy to recover at night and gives some go for the early morning routines.

The real key is cut the cals when losing - and eat good food for your body. In general "CARBS" are associated with lots of bad foods - e.g., the boxed processed stuff in the middle aisles at the grocery store. The best advise is manage your cals, fuel your bod for exercise, and cut the crap - we all know what it is...no, it's really not ok to eat 5 peeps cause they have no fat and only 140 calories :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i eat carb whenever I want as long as I stay within my carb macro goal for the day.

The no carbs after 6pm is complete myth...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Is that why I have hairballs all over my house????
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    sometimes when I eat at night I ended up gaining weight I eat don't eat after 930 I just drink water or crystal light