• babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    fennel tea
    senna supplement
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Wait. So you're eating 1200 calories and burning 1000? YOUR BODY HAS NOTHING TO POOP OUT.

Eat 2000 calories, then you'll poop.

Way TMI - but I know my body has something to poop out because if I stick my finger up there - it's there.... :-P

Maybe an enema is the way to go :(

That sounds like dehydration then. Enemas are bad in the long run. Eat more, drink more, you aren't netting enough.
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Drink lots & lots of water also just saw your diary not much greens. So you need lots of water & lots of fresh veges!!! Best of luck :smile:
  • stephanieadorman
    stephanieadorman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wait. So you're eating 1200 calories and burning 1000? YOUR BODY HAS NOTHING TO POOP OUT.

Way TMI - but I know my body has something to poop out because if I stick my finger up there - it's there.... :-P

Well, technically you are still eating, so there's something there. But seriously. You're netting 200-500 calories a day. I would BET you $50 if you ate 2000-2500 calories (easily your maintenance) You'd have no problem.

Haha, so you're telling me to order the pizza?

(How is it possible that 2000 - 2500 is my maintenance? That's insane!)
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting your fibre from?
    How much water are you drinking?
    I don't see a lot of greens listed in your food diary?
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Try eating at least 30 grams of fiber (from plant matter), I think the MPF fiber is low. And also drink tons of water!
  • stephanieadorman
    stephanieadorman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting your fibre from?
    How much water are you drinking?
    I don't see a lot of greens listed in your food diary?

Prior to this I was using Noom. I just got the fitbit yesterday so I switched to using myfitnesspal since it syncs with fitbit. :-P

Yesterday was an abnorality because of what I ended up doing, but typically I eat a ton of bell peppers, spinach, brussel sprouts and broccoli.
  • mgoblue64
    mgoblue64 Posts: 23
    Options
    If you say you know it's there, that you can feel it, maybe it's not what you're eating at this point. Try a suppository and work at it from the other direction. Once you've done that, then watch out, the rest will follow soon.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Well, technically you are still eating, so there's something there. But seriously. You're netting 200-500 calories a day. I would BET you $50 if you ate 2000-2500 calories (easily your maintenance) You'd have no problem.

Haha, so you're telling me to order the pizza?

(How is it possible that 2000 - 2500 is my maintenance? That's insane!)

That's average, especially how physically active you are. You're burning 1000 just in exercise + 1200 that you set your deficit to. On workout days, you should probably be eating 2200.
  • rankingfullstop
    rankingfullstop Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For temporary relief:

Drop a shot of milk of magnesia (30mls) into a 6oz glass of warm prune juice and drink away. It's "the bomb."

This worked when I was on heavy doses of opiates following a tumor resection.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it's probably not the Airborne, considering that excess Vitamin C usually acts as a laxative.... Heck, you might want to take more Airborne.
  • ChocoCheeseaholic
    ChocoCheeseaholic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well, looking at the few days of history you have in your diary I would say that you need to up your fat intake. Fat in you diet has the effect of greasing up the intestines and getting things moving again. Also, I don't know if you aren't drinking water, or if you just aren't logging it, but make sure you drink plenty. If you're at all dehydrated things will tend to back up.

I second this. You need more fat in your diet. That doesn't mean french fries and cookies, but you need to include healthy fats like olive oil, peanut butter, etc. Fiber is only one element of a good poop... you need to grease the track as well.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I had this happen a few months ago got so bad I had to go to ER .
    It can rip the taint ( aint ya *kitten* and aint ya balls)
    Milk of mag works if all else fails enema you dont want to damage that area

Same thing happened to a family member recently. Doctor said take an enema or end up in the ER. She has young kids, so she had suppositories on hand, and that did the trick. She said it hurt when it came out, but she didn't tear anything and didn't have to go to the ER. She started eating a few prunes a day after that!
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Go to you local drug store...Walgreens, CVS, what ever and get a bottle of Magnesium Citrate. Follow the instructions, but do NOT drink the entire bottle. You will feel relief by morning. Good luck!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    pedialyte helps
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Try Smooth Move by Traditional Medicines. It is a tea and it definitely gets your poop going.

Personal experience ;)
  • marilynolivares1
    marilynolivares1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    if you like prune they are a natural laxative try them out
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I suffer with constipation and find eating dried prunes and apricots help, also make sure your drinking lots of water too
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You could try this

Serves: 2 - Nutrition Information Per Serving:

calories 139

total fat 1

sat fat 0

protein 4

fiber 3

sodium (mg) 31

carbs 31

Berry Fruitie Smoothie

recipe ingredients
    1 small banana, cut up and frozen
    1/4 cup raspberries
    1 cup orange juice
    1/3 cup nonfat, sugar free vanilla yogurt

recipe directions
    Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses to serve.
  • StephanieCo3
    StephanieCo3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Colon Cleanse and a half a dose of stool softener

My mom and I both have issues with regularity and even with lots of fiber I still have to take colon cleanse now and then. She takes it daily and she's in fantastic shape