Weight loss without exercise

Options
13»

Replies

• squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight without exercising. However, you will probably look better feel better and be healthier too if you do exercise. Taut well used muscles look better than squishy. Plus, muscle burns calories at a faster pace....so you can eat a bit more and remain trim. (I said a bit.....not a lot). Your diet and exercise complement each other.

All of this. Truth, truth and truth.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't think that I could lose weight without exercise. Maybe this sounds strange, but exercise keeps me accountable. It reminds me why I'm changing my eating habits, why I'm eating healthier. When I exercise, I want to eat well; eating crap after exercising just makes no sense in my head.

No exercise = lazy Grace = eating-crap Grace = no-longer-losing-weight Grace.

I also think that for me personally, my body goes into survival, hold onto all the calories, mode really easily. My metabolism is very much tied into my activity level it seems.
  • ac7ss
    ac7ss Posts: 15
    Options
    When you are losing a LOT of weight (30% of your total weight or more) just changing your diet will work for a while. I have found myself moving more now than before. When you are down to only 10% or so to lose, you will have to do something to make your body move. It isn't necessarily the areas you are exercising that matter, but your heart getting the blood moving, when it comes to health. (Body building is different.)

Losing 1 lb of mass is done by making your intake 3600 calories less than output over a given time. It is as simple as that.