I never understood why ppl go for "lean protein"

Options
1235»

Replies

• kalghoul
    kalghoul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol.

Cholesterol from animal does not affect your cholesterol as much as you think it does. Your body produces way more cholesterol than you probably consume.

Um--this varies a great deal from person to person--some can control their cholesterol levels strictly via diet while others need medication cause they make too much no matter ho much they eat.

As to the original question: I love a nice juicy steak. I also love natural peanut butter which is loaded with fat--but the good kind! For me, it's all about variety--some chicken, some red meat, some fish/seafood, some vegetarian meals!
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Because eating too much greasy, fatty meat is super tasty, but eventually it makes my tummy hurt and my skin break out.

I love a good steak as much as (or perhaps more than) the next person, but it's expensive and the enjoyment decreases if I eat it too frequently. I may be able to lose weight that way, but it feels a lot heavier in my stomach and gives me the tummy gurgles afterwards.

I actually don't really like most chicken or fish options, so I end up sticking with a lot of vegetarian proteins (beans, etc.) in between steaks.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't eat red meat at all for medical reasons. I am not avoiding it because of fat but more so because I don't want to become violently ill. I will stick to poultry and seafood (pork on rare occasions).
  • treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    There are days I eat lean protein, and days I eat fatty protein. I'm not a fan of fat on steaks or chicken or anything like that because the texture is so horrible, but I absolutely love some breakfast sausage and bacon. For breakfast some days, I'll do sausage and eggs. On other days, I'll have a salad with some shredded chicken breast. It all depends on what I'm eating, really. I don't have anything against fatty meat or lean meat. It's all the same to me as long as I meet my personal macros.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I trim all the fat off my steaks, pork chops & chicken because I can't stand the texture, has nothing to do whether I think it is good or bad to eat.
    I will pound sausage & bacon like there's no end in sight. But I'll trim the slightest little sliver of fat off a steak cause it's just gros to me.