Desperate for "female" answers

Options
2»

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I really don't notice a lot of change, maybe a pound or something, but my clothing generally still fits fine. However I also get virtually no cramps and such so I am lucky that way (cept that sometimes it's impossible to tell when it's coming so I have to be on top of things)
  • minsooky
    Options
    I get like that when I'm constipated. lol
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I'm at a loss that anyone over the age of 13 even needs to ask this!
  • Avasmama2000
    Avasmama2000 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am feeling EXTREMELY bloated due to my monthly nightmare and I just measured myself out of curiosity. I am a full inch bigger in my hips and waist!!!! Is this normal? What is going on??? I feel like a balloon that desperately needs to be popped. I'm so swollen, especially in my midsection, I am miserable. It can't be sodium related because I have not upped my salt intake at all. This "time" has been especially rough this month, could that have anything to do with it? Help!!!
  • Avasmama2000
    Options
    Obviously, I did not make myself clear. Of course I know the reason is my period. I just wondered about the sudden gain of inches. This had never happened before. I regret giving some of you the opportunity to leave nasty/insulting responses. To everyone else kind enough to lend me words of wisdom/support, I am deeply grateful.
  • Avasmama2000
    Options
    :(
  • reweldt
    reweldt Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    dont measure or weigh yourself during the nightmare
    it doesnt mean jack
    forget it
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Obviously, I did not make myself clear. Of course I know the reason is my period. I just wondered about the sudden gain of inches. This had never happened before. I regret giving some of you the opportunity to leave nasty/insulting responses. To everyone else kind enough to lend me words of wisdom/support, I am deeply grateful.

Girl for some odd reason this has been a crazy month for a lot of my friends and myself included..I thought my bladder was going to fall out I was so swollen and the pain...I kept saying I feel like I swallowed another human...YIKES...my buddy in NY was like OH MY GOD me too...change of season?? lol..hang in there it passed thank god..
  • DistractedGrace
    Options

Yes, some people haven't learned what should have been learned in kindergarten. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    It is normal. I always blow up that time of the month. Which is why I'm waiting a week to measure myself this month.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm at a loss that anyone over the age of 13 even needs to ask this!

I was thinking the exact same thing! Geez? Has this never happened before?
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Isn't it a *****!? Yes, it's normal...and frigin awful. Just know that this too shall pass and just return again in 3 1/2 4 weeks. Sorry...it's such a pain!! :cry:

Some months are better than others. I've heard to stay away from chocolate (which I crave at that time) and drink lots and lots of water because you are retaining water and this will actually help you out. It's hard for me to drink a lot of water...but that's what I've heard.
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Totally normal for symptoms to get worse as you get closer to menopause. If you have other symptoms see your doctor. I finally had a hysterectomy and it was one of the best things I've ever done,
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    That happens to me too. If it gets really bad, I take anti-water retention tablets (Waterfall) etc. Don't weight/measure yourself on those days, no good will come of it! Chin up.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hey don't even worry about it. There are a bunch of people here on MFP who will always have negative things to say regardless. Just ignore them.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    1) Have you bloated before in your 25+ years of menstruating or is it a completely new issue?

2) "Yes I have bloated before." Answer: Then it's fine. You've experienced this before and there is no reason to worry. Bloat causes things to swell so it's pretty rational to think that your inches might gain. (It's called "bloat" for a reason.)

3) "No, this is very new." Answer: Check with a doctor.

4) Possible caveat - are you premenopausal? That could effect thing.
  • Lilith5
    Lilith5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bloating when on your monthly is normal but some people get it worse than others. I'm mega bloated just now but I've been like it alot even when not on my monthly. Been to the docs now got a scan next week to see if there is a problem. I'm starting to wonder if I have an allergy/intolerance to a certain food I'm eating!