Brown Bagging It

Options
Hey all,
I'm sooooo tired of my regular turkey sandwich I have everyday at work. Any other good, easy, fast things you guys take for lunch?

Thanks
Jen

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    leftovers from dinner is the fastest:)

soup

potato w/ melted cheese or dressing

salad w/ ham and cheese kind of like an antipasto

flatouts w/ shredded cheese and veggies in the oven
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I like to make tuna using those Starkist creations (herb & garlic; sweet & spicy). I just make a batch the night before (I use fat free mayo; a hard boiled egg, some onion & green peppers -- or some relish). One batch for me usually last 2-3 days, depending on how you eat it (like in a sadwhich). I usually don't have bread but eat it on top of lettuce or just by itself with a some string cheese or crackers.

You can make chicken salad too!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    bumping for later :smile:
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have a turkey sandwich most days but sometimes instead of my usual 1/2 slice of provolone cheese, I have a slice of Amish Pepper Cheese - that spices it up a bit. Sometime I make egg salad with light mayo and a couple green olives. I have been having my sandwiches on Arnold or Pepperidge Farm sandwich thins - I like them better than any kind of "diet" or light bread I have tried. They are 100 calories each. I usually have half of a red, yellow or orange pepper sliceswith my sandwich too - I think them a lot better than carrots or celery.
  • alexia99
    alexia99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Try a california roll, or wonton sup. Wraps are good with leftover chicken and veggies and even some tzatziki sauce or frozen weight watchers entree's...:smile:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave? If so, you could do any number of salads with a meat on top (e.g. grilled chicken, taco salad). Just keep the stuff you want to nuke in a smaller separate container and dump it on top when it's hot.
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    I like a slice of Ezekial Bread toasted with cashew butter and sliced pink lady apple on top. It's like a grown up PB*J sammie but it's crispy from the apple and toasted bread. I'll eat that with 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese and a 100 cal pack of those mint fudge petites.

I also eat Campbell's Savory Pot Roast Soup.

Do you have a Noodles & Company nearby? Try their Med Salad. A small is 150 calories and it's SO SO SO good.
  • fineinfinance
    Options
    Last night we grilled chicken so I kept half a breast and cut it up to top a salad today. I also love to make a chicken salad with reduced mayo (just enough to make it salad-y) and celery, cashew halves and then put it in a pita bread pocket.

I also sometimes like to do small things like, celery with peanut butter or reduced cream cheese and a sprinkle of season salt, maybe fruit with cottage cheese or some triscuits with a slice of reduced fat cheese and a piece of fruit.
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love making a lettuce wrap. Take 1lb lean turkey and cool with 1 onion and add sesame sauce or teryaki sauce. Add fresh cucumbers, bell peppers, carrors and anything else you want.

Then, take it to work in a glass container, warm it up and wrap it in a pieve of lettuce and it is delish!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    tuna melts
    chef salads
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Whole Wheat Wraps are my fav!!!

~La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortillas...flip a few times on the stove to crisp it up a little or sometimes it gets a little wet and soft with all the stuff on it...
    1/2 avacodo...sliced
    2 tbps Hot salsa
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    cheddar cheese...little but sprinkled on
    romaine lettuce

Really this is too big to "wrap" up so I just fold it in a half

You could put anything you like in a wrap...YUMMY
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    Options
    I do either a tuna sandwich or an egg salad sandwich. For the egg salad sandwich I use 1 whole and 2 wgg whites, 1 tblsp. light mayo and 1 tbls. relish and a dash of pepper. I leave the tuna or egg salad in a tupperware and put two pieces of bread or a bagel thin in a ziplock and out the sandwich together at lunch time so the bread doesn't get soggy. I allow myself one Leane Cuisine for lunch a week. Low calories, but the sodium is high , so I try to stick to just one. I always have fruit in hand (usually strawberries, rasberries, black berries or grapefruit) I don't wash the fruit until it's time to eat it so that the flavor doesn't get lost.
  • blackchick85
    Options
    bump
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I make a salad with spinach, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, tomatoes, onions, fresh mozzarella and sliced almonds with a low fat vinaigrette. It keeps me full a long time and very tasty.
  • SarahAlt
    SarahAlt Posts: 44
    Options
    I keep a jar of peanut butter in my cubby and some days I'll take a banana and two slices of bread and for lunch I make a peanut butter banana sandwich. Also, I like to grab sushi from the kroger that's half a block away, they have a stand that makes fresh and fairly affordable sushi every day. OR, the night before you can mix up some spicy mustard, onion/garlic, olive oil in a skillet, when it's hot, add some shredded chicken or turkey or tear up whatever kind of deli meat you prefer and stir. Then put it on a bun of your choice and add some cheese if you like. wrap in it tinfoil and pop it in the oven for 10 mins at 300. If you have a toaster oven at your workplace you can heat it up for lunch or you can eat it cold. Have carrots or fruit or whatever you like as a side.