Sexy arms workout?

Options
Anybody have anything that's really worked for them? :]

Replies

• Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Lateral press along with dips. Work great! I have noticed a huge difference in my arms. Much more definition. Good luck!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    The tricep is a majority of the arm and most people know how to do curls and reverse curls... that's pretty much it for biceps. I mean you can do different curls like hammer curls, but essentially pretty stale routine just make sure you're getting your reps in.

I do cable extensions, over head cable pulls, tricep pull downs, sometimes do skull crushers, and I'll use a dumb bell for another overhead pressing motion.

To fully develop the tricep in my opinion is about reps of course, but full range of motion and especially squeezing at the end. My routine is combined with chest day so the triceps are being worked through a bench /dumb bell press, pulling motion from cables, overhead, and dips for another pushing motion.
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I do these three videos-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8rUKK8E19k
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGg5ka2OLwA
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1E28bcR6U

I like to do all three a few times a week and I definitely have been seeing improvement! Plus I have been getting stronger!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    There are an endless array of workouts you can put together for free to build sexy arms. My advice is to do at least 2 exercises for biceps and 2 exercises for triceps minimum. Keep reps between 6-12 and nail down the form using as much weight as you can possible for say 3 sets.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ThorATK
    ThorATK Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Simple is best; you would do well with a pushing movement, pulling movement, and pressing movement in the most basic terms for the upper body/arms.

Examples of each:
    push: bench press, machine press, dips
    pull: single arm dumbbell row, chest supported row, barbell row
    press: dumbbell press, military press, machine press

Don't forget dem squats for dem legs/glutes
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    If I can give you a mans input:

The sexiest arms I see on women are on the women doing compound exercises that target their entire upper body - not just their arms and shoulders - such as deadlifts, bench/overhead press and bent-over rows.

Even those women that aren't specifically targeting arms are getting great arms from the compound exercises - in addition to the strong and sexy back, chest and shoulders they get...
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Push ups, pull ups if you can do them, obviously plus all the other things already said.
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It may be my mind playing games on me but I swear every time i do the Tracey Anderson Mat workout arms section my arms look better. Just after one workout i reckon I see a difference.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    If I can give you a mans input:

The sexiest arms I see on women are on the women doing compound exercises that target their entire upper body - not just their arms and shoulders - such as deadlifts, bench/overhead press and bent-over rows.

Even those women that aren't specifically targeting arms are getting great arms from the compound exercises - in addition to the strong and sexy back, chest and shoulders they get...
    I agree with this, I do deadlifts, squats, bench, overhead press, bent over rows and my arms have come along with everything else.
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Bump x
  • ThorATK
    Options
    bump

Answer provided: it's compounds

WHY YOU DO DIS
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My girl friend did this & swears by it. No she did not bulk up but she did get some great definition and her arms look awesome!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/6-weeks-to-sick-arms.html

If this is too much try half the workouts & work up to them all. Or check the site for other workouts, programs and tips :smile:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Where are all the can't spot reduce comments? :laugh:

Squats, deadlifts, bench press, chair dips, bicep curls, rows are great and workout the entire arm
  • ThorATK
    Options
    Where are all the can't spot reduce comments? :laugh:

Squats, deadlifts, bench press, chair dips, bicep curls, rows are great and workout the entire arm

You cheeky git...
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I get more compliments on my arm when I am climbing regularly. And swimming as well.
  • ink176
    ink176 Posts: 5
    Options
    Here are my favorite DVDs with arm workouts: http://www.squidoo.com/best-arm-workout-dvds