How do I make my naturally muscular thighs smaller?

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Muscular thighs are beautiful, feminine and strong at the same time.

This. Learn to love 'em. Skinny jeans are so overrated.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Your relationship with food and your body doesn't sound healthy. Is there someone you can talk to? A parent, counselor, older sibling, even a doctor? You need to eat to be healthy. 1500 - 1800 calories a day, maybe more.

Big muscular thighs are healthy, sexy and beautiful. You need to stop trying to force your body to be something it's not. You sound like you are built like I am. I spent a good portion of my life hating my thighs and only the last few years liking them. A LOT of women are shaped like us. It's natural and healthy.

It is a bit unhealthy, but I am talking to someone about it to keep me in check! Honestly though, 1500 calories sounds scary. I can do 1000 and be a little uncomfortable. But anything over that doesnt make me feel very good (I kid you not, I actually feel sick). I honestly dont see it a "sexy", on me anyways. I just feel gross. What helped you get over those feelings and begin to love your thighs?

I under ate for months, and it caused me to actually gain more weight instead of lose it. Binging on occasion caused me to lose. It was weird. I found MFP, and started at 1200 which was a lot for me. I stalled. Increased to 1500 and it worked.

Don't make the 1500 empty calories. Make them good food.
  • Harrington14
    Options
    Working out that much you should be eating WAAAAAAAAY more than you are. That's not scolding, that's genuine concern for your health. Your body needs food to survive and you're starving it.

That is my goal for this week... to get up to 800 calories and stay there for a week and then the next week jump to 900 eating mostly fruits, veggies, greens, ect with a VERYsmall abount of carbs and possibly nuts for protien
    Oh and LOTs of peanut putter Does that sound like a good plan? And then stay at 900 for 4 days and them keep it at that for a little while
  • bregalad5
    Options
    Working out that much you should be eating WAAAAAAAAY more than you are. That's not scolding, that's genuine concern for your health. Your body needs food to survive and you're starving it.

That is my goal for this week... to get up to 800 calories and stay there for a week and then the next week jump to 900 eating mostly fruits, veggies, greens, ect with a VERYsmall abount of carbs and possibly nuts for protien
    Oh and LOTs of peanut putter Does that sound like a good plan? And then stay at 900 for 4 days and them keep it at that for a little while

Go to Apps -> BMR, plug in your numbers and eat that much (see my last post above)
  • Harrington14
    Options
    Your relationship with food and your body doesn't sound healthy. Is there someone you can talk to? A parent, counselor, older sibling, even a doctor? You need to eat to be healthy. 1500 - 1800 calories a day, maybe more.

Big muscular thighs are healthy, sexy and beautiful. You need to stop trying to force your body to be something it's not. You sound like you are built like I am. I spent a good portion of my life hating my thighs and only the last few years liking them. A LOT of women are shaped like us. It's natural and healthy.

It is a bit unhealthy, but I am talking to someone about it to keep me in check! Honestly though, 1500 calories sounds scary. I can do 1000 and be a little uncomfortable. But anything over that doesnt make me feel very good (I kid you not, I actually feel sick). I honestly dont see it a "sexy", on me anyways. I just feel gross. What helped you get over those feelings and begin to love your thighs?

I under ate for months, and it caused me to actually gain more weight instead of lose it. Binging on occasion caused me to lose. It was weird. I found MFP, and started at 1200 which was a lot for me. I stalled. Increased to 1500 and it worked.

So when you increased your calorie intake then you didstart to loose weight?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I suggest seeking serious help before you totally mess up your body. Eating the amount you are, with the exercise you do is utterly ridiculous, and totally lacking in common sense. How on earth do you think you are going to achieve anything worthwhile in life, if you destroy your health at this young of an age? And you certainly wont be getting anywhere in the athletic field abusing your body in this way. If getting into a smaller size of shorts or jeans is more important to you than your health and your having some kind of decent, productive future, fair enough. Otherwise, I suggest using your brain and sorting yourself out before you end up down a path that is very difficult to climb out of, if you aren't there already.
  • bregalad5
    Options

Yep.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

Yep.

I second the 1500 calorie plan! I never hated them, however I have curvy, muscular thighs too. A lot of dancers have muscular legs, not tiny legs, and so do a lot of female runners.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Clean diet
    Jogging
    Sprinting
    Plyo's
  • Harrington14
    Options
    Clean diet
    Jogging
    Sprinting
    Plyo's

What is Plyo's?
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Clean diet
    Jogging
    Sprinting
    Plyo's

What is Plyo's?

You can google it much quicker than waiting for a reply here but here you go...just one of many sites that has information on Plyometrics!

Plyometrics -- also known as jump training -- is a training technique designed to increase muscular power and explosiveness. Originally developed for Olympic athletes, plyometric training has become a popular workout routine for people of all ages, including children and adolescents.

Plyometric training conditions the body with dynamic resistance exercises that rapidly stretch a muscle (eccentric phase) and then rapidly shorten it (concentric phase). Hopping and jumping exercises, for example, subject the quadriceps to a stretch-shortening cycle that can strengthen these muscles, increase vertical jump, and reduce the force of impact on the joints.

Because plyometric exercises mimic the motions used in sports such as skiing, tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, and boxing, plyometric training often is used to condition professional and amateur adult athletes. But children and adolescents also can benefit from a properly designed and supervised plyometric routine, according to the American College of Sports Medicine.

Plyometric training is associated with many benefits. First popularized in the 1970s by state sports trainers in the former East Germany, it's based on scientific evidence showing that the stretch-shortening cycle prompts the stretch or “myotactic” reflex of muscle and improves the power of muscular contraction.

Trainers have developed thousands of plyometric exercises. A simple routine for children and adolescents can start with one to three sets of six to 10 repetitions of one upper-body exercise such as a medicine ball chest pass and one lower body exercise such as a double-leg hop on two nonconsecutive days per week. As muscle strength increases, the routine can be expanded to include multiple medicine ball throws, jumps, and single leg-hops.

Plyometrics routines for qualified adults range from low-intensity double-leg hops to high-intensity drills such as depth jumps, which involve jumping up to and down from boxes or benches as high as 42 inches. High-intensity drills can subject a participant to forces up to seven times his or her body weight.

For sports that require explosive lower-body power, a plyometric routine may start with ground-level jumping on soft surfaces such as padded mats or grass, progress to jumping over cones or foam barriers, and then advance to bounding exercises performed in straight lines and patterns.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I suggest seeking serious help before you totally mess up your body. Eating the amount you are, with the exercise you do is utterly ridiculous, and totally lacking in common sense. How on earth do you think you are going to achieve anything worthwhile in life, if you destroy your health at this young of an age? And you certainly wont be getting anywhere in the athletic field abusing your body in this way. If getting into a smaller size of shorts or jeans is more important to you than your health and your having some kind of decent, productive future, fair enough. Otherwise, I suggest using your brain and sorting yourself out before you end up down a path that is very difficult to climb out of, if you aren't there already.

Wow, honestly?

This girl obviously already has self esteem issues or she wouldn't be eating so little and working out so much. Why do you feel the need to continue to bring her down? Do you think you're helping her by making her feel like crap?

OP - I do agree with most other posters that you need to seek some help. This isn't scolding, it's just a real concern for you. Your body is probably in starvation mode because you're eating so little and burning off easily half of what you eat with the amount of exercise you do daily. I know it can be scary, but you've got to up your calorie intake and put some protein into your body. You will not lose weight if you're not eating enough.

As far as thighs go, if I'm being honest, I think girls with muscular thighs are incredibly attractive. I hate seeing girls with chicken legs walking around in short shorts all summer. Girls with muscle pull them off WAY better, I always actually wished my thighs were more muscular!
  • kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    Options

I worked hard mentally to get over my thighs being larger and realized that while I myself personally don't fully love them yet, a lot of guys do. I get girls saying they wished they had thighs that atleast had muscle. I've realized that no one in my family has small thighs minus my 81.5yr old grandmother. I will shape them up and loose fat and they'll look damn good an muscular and sexy. Just realize that some guys do like that. They love it. They detest small thin thighs. Maybe start working on toning them and start loving them.

As for food...maybe cut out some of the fruits and veggies. (You don't hear that everyday do you?!) try eating cheese, sandwiches, eggs, yogurt, something that has more substance. I only ate about 1000 a day and lost a lot of weight and I regret it now. I lost a lot of muscle and tone and really very little fat. I regret it a lot. I wish I dropped the cardio and upped heavy lifting and weights and lost more fat. Eating as little as you are your body will give up muscle tissue first because it is the tissue that requires the most energy. Your body is wired to get rid of the tissue that requires the most energy when you constantly unfeed yourself. I struggled with eating 1700 a day and still somedays where I lift heavy I literally force myself to eat because I know 1700 is my bare minimum to eat.

You can add me if you want...I do get where you are coming from I'm just months ahead and have advice if you need it :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

OP...please seek professional counseling. What you are doing is in no way healthy; this is an eating disorder.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    ::face desk::
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    "Krispy Kreme - Glazed Blueberry Old Fashioned Cake Doughnut, 2 donut"

My friend, this:

"If you've got a big gut and you start doing sit-ups, you are going to get bigger because you build up the muscle. You've got to get rid of that fat! How do you get rid of fat? By changing your diet."
  • lrbassmom
    lrbassmom Posts: 123
    Options
    I second what everyone else is saying, EAT! I was trying to stay at or under 1200 a day and I didn't lose an ounce UNTIL I upped my calories to 1500 minimum. I gave it two weeks. Almost immediately I started losing at least a 1.5-2 lbs a week. (my weekends and spring break totally stalled everything!)

Go to the thread "In-place-of-a-road-map" and plug in your numbers and measurements, and activities. That will tell you what you need to eat at minimum.

I understand being scared to up your calories. But if what you've been doing hasn't been working for you and your body isn't responding, then more of the same isn't going to get you any different results, will it? Probably not.

Increase your calories, even if it's slowly up to a healthy level. Trust us. it will work.