Courage to Say Hi and Seek Support

Options
Hi from Virginia. I am have been using the site for 21 days now and have decided it is time to find the courage introduce myself. It has come time to seek out support outside of the very few I have at home. The reason for my support at home being only “few” is my choice; I have tried dieting so many times as failed that I did not want the pressure again. I quit smoking in January (well 12/31/12 11:59 PM was my last drag of my last cigarette) and did not tell anyone...those who have not figured it out by noticing a change in my routines are just not being told in different ways that I no longer smoke. Way less pressure then other times I am tried to quit! Anyway, I am approaching this in a similar way.

I have a few medical things going on and this has caused me to gain quite a bit of weight. Don’t get me wrong, I was not small to begin with. Also, I am not looking for a pity party, simply stating a fact. My MD wants me to loose weight as badly as I want to. He put me on Qsymia. I do not think I have noticed as much as I thought I would (hardly ever hungry, but not huge weight loss that I have read some people have. However, I am on so much medication that makes you gain weight that maybe any loss is due to in part to the drug).

I did not loose anything this week. I didn’t gain and should be happy about that. I am. Really, I am. Just disappointed, you know what I mean? On the bright side, I have lost 9.5 lbs this month! Good for me!

Replies

• msjazz901
    msjazz901 Posts: 10
    Options
    you can add me as a friend : - D
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Nine pounds in 21 days is awesome!! The lack of weight loss this week may due to water weight, or hormones.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hi. You can add me if you want. I tend to say things as I see them which some people say makes me a bit blunt. Since you say you don't want a pity party, you shouldn't have a problem with that!! Congratulations on the loss so far!
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend. I have about 100 pounds to lose, and have found several friends on here with similar goau ls to help make the journey more encouraging. Be sure to eat lots of fruits and veggies, make your grains whole grain, drink lots of water and begin moving as you are able. choose to lose slowly (1-2 pounds a week) and be patient. You did not put it on in a week and you won't take it off in a week. If you find and add friends with similar goals, and open your food diary to friends (and account for every calorie that goes into your mouth--even when it is painful to do like it was for me today), you will find support and encouragment from your friends. My friends and I rejoice over ever .2 pounds, root each other on over every bit of exercise and victorious day on the diary. When we fail on a day, we encourage each other to get up the next day and get back on track. You can do it.
  • mstx70
    mstx70 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me =) I have at least 70 pounds to go!
  • SerenitySage_x3
    SerenitySage_x3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good for your for getting the courage to introduce yourself! And congrats on the 9lbs! Best of luck reaching your goal! (:
  • me_monster
    Options
    When I first started using MFP I was on it for almost three months before I actually reached out to anyone, so I know that feel, yo! Add me :)