Best Post-Workout protein shake for women?

Options
I don't get enough protein daily and I think I should just suck it up and get some protein powder to take after I workout that will also help me get more protein. What kinds/brands are you guys' favorites or go-tos? I wouldn't mind flavored ones either! My extra stuff to mix with non flavored proteins is limited.

Replies

• littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, I can't think of anything that would make a protein powder better-suited towards women than other protein powders. Any protein powder that says it's for women is almost certainly doing it as a marketing gimmick, and will definitely be more expensive.

That said, I really like BioX's peanut butter chocolate swirl whey protein. It's like having a glass of chocolate milk, except with way more protein and way fewer carbs. The place I got it from does samples, so I tried a few different flavours before I settled on that one. (The fact that it was on sale didn't hurt, either.) If you can, I definitely recommend finding a place that offers samples, since it sucks to find out you dislike it once you've bought it.
  • justsarah07
    justsarah07 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I feel it's always good to choose one that doesn't contain a bunch of artificial flavors or sweeteners and GMO ingredients, such as:

Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal
    www.amazon.com

Sunwarrior Warrior Blend Powder
    http://www.sunwarrior.com/store/
    www.amazon.com
  • ASecretBobby
    ASecretBobby Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Make your own, two eggs news quick, ready brek, milk in blender job done without all the crap they put in to make it taste better. Tis awesome n just what is needed for a low cal protein kick
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Women This & Women That kinds of things I shake my head at. Unless the Protein Powder is totally labeled "For Men & Their Muscles" I look at & read all the stats on Protein Powder to make my decision. In the past I went with GNC's Lean Shake powder but the price was ridiculous so I started to pay attention to the Threads on here & checked at different stores in the area. The 1 Protein Powder I found wasn't listed on any Threads here & I'm very Happy I bought it: Pure Protein Plus Complete Protein Blend with Whey, French Vanilla flavored. 23 g Protein, 3 g Fiber, 130 Calories per Scoop. I bought it at Sam's Club & have mixed it with a variety of Fruits, also I add in 1 T. PB2, 1 T. Flax Seed, 1 T. Raw Wheat Germ.

It's Super Great before or after a work-out!! :happy: :smile:
  • alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    Options
    http://premierprotein.com/category/shakes/

These ones! They are amazing!! I buy the chocolate ones from Costco. 30 grams of protein
  • Mikemax125
    Mikemax125 Posts: 108
    Options
    Goldstandard_zps707ce496.jpg
    Gold_zps32f04e4e.jpg
    By far the best tasting, affordable, and very great nutritionally compared to other high sugar protein powders like Muscle milk or Syntha.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Any less than 5lbs (your little girlie muscles can't handle the big stuff)

Any that come in pink

If they come with a free curling iron.

Seriously, it's just protein. It's not different for men and women.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You don't need a 'women only' protein powder. They will all work fine for you.

Has the world gone crazy???

hvo5y9.jpg

How did we women ever manage before they started to make 'for her' products shheesh