which foods do you miss the most?

Options
Hi all.
I was wondering which foods you all miss the most in your new healthy life?
And im already assuming someones going to say chocolate :)

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    If I felt like I was missing out on foods I enjoy, I would not think my life was healthy.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If I felt like I was missing out on foods I enjoy, I would not think my life was healthy.

But what kind of foods did you eat before? I mean would you eat pizza and garlic bread or icecream ? or did you not have those before your diet anyway?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    NONE. Prohibition doesn't work. 90% of dieters fail because they go on diets that can't be sustained, so if you're "missing" foods you like, chances are high that you'll cave one day and that's usually when people feel defeated and give up.

Get in your daily macro/micros you require, eat within calorie limits, get some exercise. If you still have calories left over, than eat WHATEVER you want to fulfill your count.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

But what kind of foods did you eat before? I mean would you eat pizza and garlic bread or icecream ? or did you not have those before your diet anyway?

I ate chocolate, ice cream and bacon.

I still eat chocolate, ice cream and bacon.
  • LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    HOT CROSS BUNS.

I stopped eating bread for a few reasons, it makes me terribly bloated when I fly (and I'm a flight attendant) and I tend to binge on it if it's in the house.

I'm a sucker for raisin toast, peanut butter and muesli, those things are my kryptonite.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options

I eat all of those (not like everyday or a whole pizza) in moderation and have maintain the same physique for almost 30 years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I still eat all the foods I love...just in small portions:)
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I still eat the same foods, just not so much it makes me lethargic and sick like it used to.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'll work anything I want into my plan, so I don't miss any food in particular. There are days where I'd like to sit down with a cheesecake, though.
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    Pastries!! Mmmm I still have a bite or half of my fav kinds every now and then but I used to eat maybe 1-2 every morning before I realized how bad they are for u
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I understand what youre all saying but if in one day i ate pizza and icecream (in reasonable portions) that would be the majority of my daily calorie allowance gone...and by the time youve worked off a 500 cal pizza portion youll have been in the gym nearly 2 hours (from my own fitness level and past experience). Id rather just lose the food.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I haven't had beef since August 2012 or pork since December 2012...

I realized that I'm fine without both and there are so many other things to eat. It was hard at first. Everyone I know eats beef and pork. I stopped eating beef because I knew it was the main thing that I was killing myself to eat. All through college I would go to McDonalds, Taco Bell, Sonic, or Wendys everyday and eat a large burger meal! Plus the late night trips were not good for me either. I gave up pork because of the fact I would order pepperoni pizzas every weekend and eat it whole.

I was in a bad place in my life in college. After I graduated, I stopped stressing and decided to change. I know I could have cut back, but I chose to just cut it out completely. I'm happy about it! I don't miss eating pork or beef because when I see it I'm disgusted. They represent a horrible time in my life .

I tried giving up candy but um............... fail! haha!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    the only thing I cut out is creamer in my coffee, regular soda, juice and butter, for the most part. I still drink diet soda.
    I didn't really miss those anyways. pizza, ice cream, beer everything is ok to go!

I can't deny myself certain foods and still live a happy lifestyle.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

I eat a whole pizza to myself still. I eat ice cream still. Chocolate gives me a headache the next day & makes me pass out so I can't have it anymore, but I can still have it. There is NOTHING I cant have, I can eat it anyway & still be way in my calories for the day.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Chicago deep dish pizza, pancakes, and waffles. I'll still have pizza, but regular or thin crust. I'll still eat pancakes, but only occasionally when I go out for breakfast and not the 3x per week that I would make them at home. I'm a volume eater so eating a pizza means eating an entire 4500 calorie pizza and eating pancakes is more pancakes than you can imagine.

I miss them greatly
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    None. I eat whatever I want, mostly in moderation but if not, I make up for it the following day with more exercise and careful choices.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    I don't think I actually miss anything. I used to eat a lot of potato crisps and biscuits (cookies), now I hardly eat potato crisps at all and very few biscuits, all within my allowance. I also have some chocolate now and again and on Friday I had a toasted hot cross bun for breakfast (with butter) instead of my usual eggs or fruit. OK it was a bit heavier on cals, but not that bad. I used to drink beer when I was out with colleagues, now I drink whisky for a third of the calories. Also when I go out in the evening (something I do a lot during business travel) I make sure I have low cal breakfast and lunch, maybe fruit for breakfast and a soup for lunch (combined maybe 200 cals) so I have sufficient left for the evening to cope with that restaurant meal. It's not so much a case of not eating things, more not eating them so regularly and making sure when I do eat them I don't go above my calorie allowance. I believe this makes what I'm doing a whole lot easier to control and maintain.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    sweets. for the most part i avoid them like the plague...
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i still eat what i like in moderation, so i don't miss anything. and i'm losing a pound a week :wink:
  • Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself of anything, I just work it into my calories and if I go over I am generally not as hungry the following day or I will do extra exercise. Telling myself that I can't have something only makes me crave it more. The fact that I know if I really want it I will have it makes me more in control. Unfortunately, I often find that it doesn't taste the way it used to so my tastebuds have matured and I steer clear of the junk now and go the nice higher calorie foods. If I am going to eat it, it better be worth it.