New week, new month, new start! Who's in?

Options
I've been really ill this last week, done no exercise & spent my time comfort eating. To top it all off, Easter Sunday was a chocolate frenzy.

Today is the start of a new week (I always ind it easier to feel positive when I look at the week view on the app and there's no really tall columns representing a food binge) & a new month, so here's my plan;

- to stop restricting my calories to really low net values (like 900) every time the scale fluctuates or to compensate for a binge. I'm at maintenance stage really, so if I can break this cycle of dieting & binging I should just be able to eat "normal" amounts every day.

- I'm going to get back into exercising, I feel so much better when I do.

- I will eat regular, filling meals that I look forward to. No more deprivation. This will (hopefully) stop me wanting to pig out.

- I will stop beating myself up for scale fluctuations & slip ups.

Let's see how it goes......

Anyone else having a fresh start today?

Replies

• trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Yes I am. I am doing the same, working my way up to maintenance but am upping my exercise at the same time. I want to get into to doing some weights. As I have a programme that I have looked at and not yet done anything with day 1 is on my agenda for today.

It is a little scary but as my weight is only shifting about a pound per month I reckon I can give this a little time.

Have a good day x
  • coz1979
    coz1979 Posts: 120
    Options
    Count me in :)
  • truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Im definitely having a fresh start. Last week It was full of aches and pains. I ended up going to the doctor but I also gave my body a rest from all the exercise and feel alot better. I think im ready to start again. Let's see how this month goes. My goal is to lose 10lbs in April .
  • welshwoofer
    welshwoofer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again today. I want to lose 5lbs (or more!) in April to get me back to my lowest weight again.
    I am teacher and on holiday from work for 2 weeks so I have no excuse for being lazy or badly prepared.:embarassed:

Just been for a very brisk 35 min walk with the dog to start the day.
    Am off out for brunch with friends but will try to be good and log all of the cals and do some more exercise later.

Good luck to us all!
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wondering if I can manage a new start right now since I'm off to Spain tomorrow to see my mother. Combination of crazy mother and access to calamari is asking for trouble, but I have at least packed my running kit!
    I've also joined a lose 5lb in April challenge as I'm at the point where I've always previously given up and had a month long binge before starting yet again...would like to avoid that this time!
    Good luck all!
  • julie2475
    julie2475 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm also up for a new start . April 1st is the start of my 90 day challenge. Would love to loose 2 stone..stick to 1200 calories and exercising 4 times a week and absolutly no alcohol!!!!!
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I gave myself a good ol' kick in the butt after last weeks dismal effort.

Was really falling off the bandwagon.

I tried to get through without recording exercise and eat my allotted calories only, but it was a fail, fail.

From today I'm recording again. I'm going back to the way I began...when it was working.
  • ATHFat2Fit
    Options
    Same here except I'm going for one Insanity completion which will be 63 days (9 weeks). My goals are simply to stay within my calorie goal each day, to complete the Insanity program and no alcohol. My 9 week period ends with me going on a beach vacation so I have a good motivator to hopefully keep me going. We'll see how it goes... anyway off to Insanity - Day One :-)
  • lexcouper
    lexcouper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After starting off with 100% optimism and going strong since January 7, this last week has been a real struggle. I've started to fall back into old (bad) habits and haven't focused on the right things (and sneaking chocolate without tracking it).

Tomorrow I'm back on track. I have another 10kgs to lose (not sure what that is in lbs) before I hit my goal wieght and I know I can do it.

This is the first time I've come to the massage boards but I'm really feeling so much more positive after doing so. Thanks everyone. And good luck to us all :)

Lexxie
  • Maggiepie1950
    Maggiepie1950 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a wedding April 26.....working for 5lb by then......BTW strict dieting and deprivation are the CAUSES of binge eating! So allow a small treat and do not go under 1200 cal. per day....I've also read that running raises cortisol levels.....anyone read/hear that? Suggest weight training to build muscle mass and increase BMR.
    Good luck everyone. Have a great day!
  • linaslim123
    linaslim123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm new here, nice to meet you all.

I'm still getting my head around how it works, and realising that I really have been eating a lot more calories than I thought for a long time,seeing as sticking to 1200 is pretty tough!!

I'm in for a challenge! I'm hoping to drop at least 5 pounds in a month,

Would be great to share motivation etc with others!

x
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    I am so up for this! I've had an awful couple of months (every area of life has been trying) needless today say, I've been well and truly off the wagon.

Would love to lose between 5-8lbs in April but will also be concentrating on my measurements as well as the scales.

I have 30lbs to lose and would love to lose it by 27 July as its my 10yr Wedding Anniversary and we're planning a fab family holiday.

I started Kettleworx 6wk program today and will be filling in my inbetween days with spinning at the gym.

Wishing everyone all the best, feel free to add me and we'll cheer each other on.

Have a fab day MFP's
  • loveyalord
    Options
    I am so in. It's nice to see so many others feeling what I feel. I have everything together for a fresh start. Food, workouts and some rules. Lets do it.
  • fatface13
    Options
    me too.
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    nice!!!!

my goals for this month are:

--work out 5 days a week (3 strength, 2 cardio or interval training)
    --NOT eating over my cals (employ planning and low cal dinners if necessary, but HAVE some kind of cut-off!!!)
  • Showe53188
    Showe53188 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am!!!!!! I have been out of my routine since November! I have had a back injury and its finally starting to feel better and I have been kind of slacking on starting back up. I saw our family Easter photo fro yesterday and OMG!!! I have never been so big in my life. Im ready to drop my weight as fast and as healthy as possible. Im not going to start a diet, I am going to adapt a new lifestyle in how I eat and in how I exersize. April, bring it on!
  • missydiet
    missydiet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! The past 2 months, I've eaten badly and have not been exercising.
    My Goals are:
    1200 calories/day
    Exercise almost daily with 2-3 days of weights everyweek.
    SUPPORT ME!! Summer is around the corner!!
    :smile:
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well, my first day of April went well! Exercised a bit (not back to full health yet but it's a start) and stayed within my calorie goal.

Here's to day 2!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry but whoever is waiting for he new month or new week or whatever. there's the door.
    it doesn't matter if it's the last day of the year or what. this is a long road, and a gradual process.
    it's not going to happen like a light switch oh it's a new day i'm going to start over.
    every choice is a chance to make the best possible choice.
  • LibbyCaramia
    LibbyCaramia Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ^ katy_trail, that's real encouraging. Hope you feel great up on that high horse :/

Well, after a chocolate-filled Easter I'm getting back into the swing of things too. Going to start Ripped in 30 tomorrow and a friend and I have started doing interval training in the mornings!
    My (somewhat vague) plan is to get rid of the fat that's snuck back on me - from laziness really, in the past couple of months - then build some lean mean muscle :) Can't wait! Good luck to everyone!

EDIT: Just decided to put on my Ripped in 30 DVD now! F*** it! :P