losing fat on butt and thighs

Options
i need some tips to lose the fat on my thigh and butt... if someone could inbox me or post some tips here i would be very grateful xx

Replies

• Bubblevixen
    Bubblevixen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges! :D super effective on stubborn fat in that area. I have the same problem...all my extra weight is on my bum and thighs. But its slowly blasting away with the programme im following atm...but that really does entail a ton of squats and lunges :)
  • ThreeKeys_
    ThreeKeys_ Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Surely you can't target weight loss to a specific area?

I mean sure, you can work on particular muscle groups which would improve the look of that area but you can't shed weight directly from a particular area.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Yeah you can shape the area much better by working out but if your looking to reduce the actual size/fat then you have to lose weight/fat in general and let your body choose which bits to off first - for your sake, you better hope its butt and thighs :smile:

But to spoil the hope, most people lose fat from the whole body in tiny increments. :sad:
  • markdavy1982
    markdavy1982 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cant spot reduce, the best we can all do is tone or build muscle and reduce overall bodyfat to change our shapes and body composition.
  • ketchuplover
    Options
    Have an appetizing April y'all
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Cardio is your friend! :)
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I even got to be a bit underweight and the thighs are still here. Of course they are way smaller, but they still have lots of fat on them. Now I'm doing my best to learn to love them because I'm not willing to make myself sick for model leggs.
  • CarlaChalk78
    Options
    I've been doing a 6 week squat program on my smart phone (week 2 atm) and lost an inch and a half per thigh! Happy days :D Also makes the cellulite look better ;)
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    I'm the exact same! I can lose weight on my hips, arms, etc but my legs stay huge and wobbly and I do squats but nothing works - add me if you have success stories! :-)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    No such thing as spot reducing, sorry. You need to lose fat in general to make the fat on any part of your body go away. You do that by eating at a reasonable caloric deficit and preserving as much lean muscle as possible by incorporating strength training into your exercise plans.
  • dawniemay12
    Options
    Brazilian butt work outs are perfect for that area and if you keep up with it you will see results fast.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you can't spot reduce. Your body is in control of where you lose fat. Definitely do exercises such as squats and lunges to help strengthen your muscles in those areas, but overall you can't "make" your body lose fat in a certain area. But if you eat at a deficit (one that is healthy), eat cleanly, and exercise, it will happen. :)
  • infinitydirection
    Options
    thankyou so much everyone :)

yes- i have lose weight and am almost underweight- and i still have massive thighs that just merge into my butt :/
    not the best for summer

please message me/ link any websites/ideas for workouts :)

thankyou all xx
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    thankyou so much everyone :)

yes- i have lose weight and am almost underweight- and i still have massive thighs that just merge into my butt :/
    not the best for summer

please message me/ link any websites/ideas for workouts :)

thankyou all xx

If you are conscious of size on a particular area, you could just bulk up the rest of the body to make those areas less exposed
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce unless you get liposuction. Just work on toning your body. It will all come together. Personally, I have most of my body fat on my butt and thighs as well, yet, I would rather not lose too much of my badonkadonk. I kind of enjoy it!
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    theres only one way to lose butt fat

this t9pwx.gif