Say hello to Poptart!

Options
2»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    R.I.P. Strudel. You were always my favorite. Poptart lives on, honoring your memory.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Matt and I am here with my cat, Poptart. I’ve had success losing weight, but after the weekend I’ve had, I realised I’ve neglected someone very important in my life.

On Friday, my other cat, Strudel, had to be put down. He had already lost two limbs to diabetes and then he had a coronary and died. I’m sitting here now with his ashes. We’re going to sprinkle them in the garden later and bury his wheelchair. The gravestone is on order.

Now I’m determined to get Poptart down from 25lbs to 8lbs by the end of the year.

I’d love some supportive people to join me on this journey. Especially if you have feline friends that also need to lose weight.

Actually, I'd love to help, but I'm trying to involve my cat more in my exercises, and I need to bulk him up a bit.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    There seems to suddenly be a lot of odd cat threads. Is this an April fool?

I agree..
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Sorry about Strudel. You and Poptart can do this though. This book really helped when I was trying to start my little guy on his fitness journey. http://ow.ly/jCzM4
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss! Ignore the haters here, they just don't understand! FR sent, I will support you!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Some people on here are disgusting. How could you even suggest that I would lie about one of the most precious companions in my life? Unless you're a cat person you just dont understand what they can give you. This has already been the toughest Easter I've ever lived through and none of you are supporting me.

Those people just don't understand. They probably don't even have a cat.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Your story touches me. As you can see (profile pic), I too have a similar issue. I'll send you a PM. My little Jabba needs some help too, coming at 27lbs.

<---
  • catzmommie
    Options
    i love the name pop tart! I'm so sorry about streudel :(

Safe weight loss can be done, and your goal doesn't sound too crazy, don't listen to them! hOw fluffy is pop tart? maybe ifyou shave the fur off that will help?
  • Reneeisfat
    Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and best of luck on your and your cats journey.
    Please do make sure that you don't catch any diseases from Poptart.

Too much poptart could be bad for you.

Hahahaha this!^^^
  • lkh1234
    lkh1234 Posts: 41
    Options
    I cannot believe how rude and emotionless some people seem about this. Overweight pets have problems just like overweight people. This is not entirely the owners fault. Sounds like the owner did more for this cat than most people would have to keep his friend around as long as he could. It is certainly better that the overweight cat had someone to love and care for him than to possibly never have a home at all like some pets out there. Our animals friends are not with us nearly as many years as we would like them to be sometimes. As people we know how hard it is to lose weight, it will be no different for the cat. Can't we just show some support here for both of them???????
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    i love the name pop tart! I'm so sorry about streudel :(

Safe weight loss can be done, and your goal doesn't sound too crazy, don't listen to them! hOw fluffy is pop tart? maybe ifyou shave the fur off that will help?

I was planning to shave her as she wants to enter a bodybuilding comp when she's slimmed down.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Nice story about your cat. However, I must point out that you doomed Strudel from the day you named him. POP TART for the ultimate win!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. :(

I have an overweight cat too - he's about 20 lbs, but I want to get him down to about 15 (he's big boned - no, I'm not making excuses for him).

FR sent.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    PopTartCat_zpscfc145a7.gif
  • mmilton1
    mmilton1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss, I don't have cats but do have 3 dogs and I'm trying to get them down a few pounds. I know how hard it is because I feel the amount of food I give them is not enough, I guess my issues with food follow through to the animals. I just started back with fitness pal. I'm very frustrated because I had lost 50 lbs. now gained it back and more. Can't wait to see some results because I know they'll come, I'm just really impatient. Good luck and I know when your cat looses the weight it will be much happier.
  • LovesStrays
    Options
    Nice story about your cat. However, I must point out that you doomed Strudel from the day you named him. POP TART for the ultimate win!!

That's very insensitive :noway: