20 in 20: Week 3!

Options
Good Morning, everyone!

It's weigh-in day!

Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight ......................... + / - LBS
Emmylou13...........................157...............................................157...................................... -0.6 LBS
Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................167.1...................................... -1.6 LBS
NaokoHeart............................196.4............................................193.8........................................-2.6lbs
Cnbethea................................162.6............................................162.0.......................................... -0.6lbs
Breathe_Glamour...................175.0............................................173.......................................... - 2lbs
00trayn...................................177.0.............................................174.2....................................... -2.8 LBS
kaymiller2.................................155.0............................................154.0......................................... -1 lb :)
salvirez.....................................138.................................................132...........................................- 6 LBS
stephlewis...............................204.2.............................................205.6....................................+ 1.4 LBS
whittrusty................................215.2...............................................215.6...................................... +0.4 LBS

sarahgallienne81.................223.0............................................223.0........................................0 LBS
Curvykatie..............................145.6............................................145.6.......................................0 LBS
wildfiery..................................195................................................195..........................................0 LBS
kalibsmom..............................187.................................................187...........................................0lbs
maggiecharles...........................193...........................................193.................................................0 lbs
Sweetheart6lk ........................ 221.2............................................. 221.2.........................................0 lbs

This week's challenge:

Exercise, exercise, exercise! Get at least 180 minutes of exercise this week...more if you can!

Replies

• whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm up 0.4 lbs from last Monday, but that's a great improvement from + 2.2lbs of water weight that I was struggling with this week. Hope everyone has a great week. Get outside and exercise!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I can definitely hit 180 minutes, that's my Zumba class and two days at the gyms. I'll be doing the 30 Day Shred on my off-days from that. I usually hit over 250 minutes a week :D I also didn't get to weigh this morning in the Monday rush of waking up a bit late, so I'll use what I weighed as of yesterday morning.

Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight ......................... + / - LBS
    Emmylou13...........................157...............................................157...................................... -0.6 LBS
    Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................167.1...................................... -1.6 LBS
    NaokoHeart............................196.4............................................193.8........................................-2.6lbs
    Cnbethea................................162.6............................................162.0.......................................... -0.6lbs
    Breathe_Glamour...................175.0............................................173.......................................... - 2lbs
    00trayn...................................177.0.............................................173.4....................................... -3.6 LBS
    kaymiller2.................................155.0............................................154.0......................................... -1 lb :)
    salvirez.....................................138.................................................132...........................................- 6 LBS
    stephlewis...............................204.2.............................................205.6....................................+ 1.4 LBS
    whittrusty................................215.2...............................................215.6...................................... +0.4 LBS

sarahgallienne81.................223.0............................................223.0........................................0 LBS
    Curvykatie..............................145.6............................................145.6.......................................0 LBS
    wildfiery..................................195................................................195..........................................0 LBS
    kalibsmom..............................187.................................................187...........................................0lbs
    maggiecharles...........................193...........................................193.................................................0 lbs
    Sweetheart6lk ........................ 221.2............................................. 221.2.........................................0 lbs
  • whittrusty
    Options
    I can definitely hit 180 minutes, that's my Zumba class and two days at the gyms. I'll be doing the 30 Day Shred on my off-days from that. I usually hit over 250 minutes a week :D

Yeah, I usually shoot for 5-6 days of 60 mins each, but I thought I'd keep it lower to motivate others that may exercise less.

Great job this week! Almost 4 lbs...that's fantastic!
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    Hey everyone,alright,180 minutes shall be done,and I will aim to exceed that!

NaokoHeart............................193.8............................................192.2........................................-1.6 LBS
    00trayn...................................177.0.............................................174.2....................................... -2.8 LBS

• 00trayn
    Options
    Naokoheart... keep your starting weight the same as when you began the 20 week challenge, just change your current weight and how much total you've lost. That way you can see where you started and how much you've lost since.
  • emmylou13
    emmylou13 Posts: 46
    Options
    Emmylou13...........................157.4...............................................154.2 ...................................... -3.2 LBS
    00trayn...................................177.0.............................................173.4....................................... -3.6 LBS

Hey Ladies. I made it through the biggest party weekend of the year (for me and our city) and LOST weight... 2.6 lbs to be exact... woot woot... so pumped for this week! EXERCISE it is... although I injured my shoulder and foot this weekend... all I have to say is a rusty nail and a rope swing did me in... haha ... but I am sure I can do something to fill the 180 minutes... :) great challenge!
  • 00trayn
    Options
    Here's the complete list with everyone's weigh in so far... Naokoheart's update was left out of the last post :)

Emmylou13...........................157.4...............................................154.2 ...................................... -3.2 LBS
    NaokoHeart............................196.4............................................192.2........................................-4.2lbs

• emmylou13
    Options
    thanks 00taryn... !
  • stephlewis
    stephlewis Posts: 59
    Options
    WooWoo great job everyone! I gained some water weight too this past week and I'm back down again to almost "normal." I completed last weeks challenge I was proud of myself. Every other day I added in 100 squats as well.

Great idea for the new challenge! that means if I work out at least 5 days this week for roughly 36 minutes I'm good to go! =)

NaokoHeart............................196.4............................................192.2........................................-4.2lbs
    stephlewis...............................204.2.............................................205.2....................................+ 1 lb

• whittrusty
    Options
    stephlewis...............................204.2.............................................205.2....................................+ 1 lb
    whittrusty................................216.2...............................................215.6...................................... -0.6 LBS

I changed my starting weight too, so I changed it back. Crisis averted! :smile:
  • emmylou13
    Options
    I think to stay on track / motivated we should post what we did - in terms of exercise and for how long.... each day of this week. It may help others get ideas of what to do... etc. I don't log my exercise on MFP so I will try to this week - may give me a better idea of what it missing :)
  • Dusty73085
    Dusty73085 Posts: 40
    Options
    Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................166.4...................................... -2.3 LBS
    whittrusty................................216.2...............................................215.6...................................... -0.6 LBS

I didn't keep track of my eating habits this week very well...it was a busy weekend, but I managed to eat some what healthy. I also got the worst sun burn I have had in awhile, and I learned yesterday that working out = sweating on your sun burn = itchy pain. So, thank goodness today is my rest day. Hopefully it will be healed enough tomorrow to not cause me to want to rub a porcupine all over my chest and arms.
    Other than that, I am surprised I was still able to loose .7 pounds!! :D
  • whittrusty
    Options
    I also got the worst sun burn I have had in awhile, and I learned yesterday that working out = sweating on your sun burn = itchy pain. So, thank goodness today is my rest day. Hopefully it will be healed enough tomorrow to not cause me to want to rub a porcupine all over my chest and arms.
    Other than that, I am surprised I was still able to loose .7 pounds!! :D

That doesn't sound like much fun...boo!

Tonight I'm going to a kickboxing class (more like a kick-your-butt class!!) at 24 Hour Fitness. Then I'm taking the dogs for a 15 min. jog; it helps me train for my 5K, which is 6 weeks away, and it helps drain their energy!! :smile:
  • salvirez
    salvirez Posts: 25
    Options
    :sad: Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight ......................... + / - LBS
    Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................166.4...................................... -2.3 LBS
    salvirez.....................................138.................................................134...........................................- 4 LBS

So I'm +2 lbs!! :frown: What a bummer! I hope it's d/t it being that TOM, but I won't let that discourage me! Challenge for this week should not be a problem!

I'm off to a good start for this week- before work I did 20 mins on the stair master, 25 mins on the cross ramp, and 15 mins of calisthetics. I have an hour and a half to kill before my softball game tonight, and the gym is literally next to my job- so I was thinking maybe some strength training....I really need to get closer to 130 instead of going up! Anway, good luck to us all this week!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Cnbethea................................162.6............................................161.8.......................................... -0.8lbs
    salvirez.....................................138.................................................134...........................................- 4 LBS

I lost .2 this week I will take it the weekends for me have been out of control!!
  • melodieRN
    melodieRN Posts: 49
    Options
    Are you still taking new signups? I would love to join.
  • whittrusty
    Options
    Are you still taking new signups? I would love to join.

Of course! Just repost the list of everyone's names, starting weights and current weights and add all your info! Our weigh-in is on Monday. This week's challenge is to get at least 180 minutes of exercise and more if you can!
  • whittrusty
    Options
    Ok. I know, I'm like a posting crazy person today!

My husband and I just made the most AWESOME dinner concoction and I just HAD to share.

Turkey & Pepperoni Pizza Pocket:

1 whole wheat pita pocket (I used Kangaroo Brand)
    1/8 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
    8 slices of Hormel turkey pepperoni
    2.5 oz of shredded turkey breast (we cooked a turkey ourselves to cut down on sodium; It cut it in half!)
    1/4 cup Prego spaghetti sauce

Preheat oven to 350. Combine turkey, cheese and turkey pepperoni. Stuff into pita pocket. Bake for 10 mins. Dip in spaghetti sauce. Enjoy!

All for an astounding 264 calories, 9 grams of fat, 25 grams of protein and (a little high) 959 mg of sodium. To decrease sodium, decrease pepperoni or spaghetti sauce.
  • emmylou13
    Options
    sounds yummy!!!!!
    we had a crazy busy night last night, as we had to bring the pups to the vet... and get lots of stuff around the house done....
    no official exercise last night - but i need my foot and shoulder to feel better before I jump into anything...
    keep it up ladies
  • 00trayn
    Options
    So far my exercise time is 133/180 minutes. I have zumba class on mondays and I went to the gym today, and both are at least hour long workouts normally. Tomorrow will be a 30 Day Shred day. I usually only do one level, but I still need to finish my EA Sports Active 6 Week Challenge so I might tack that onto the workout.