Clothes that are too big, and paying it forward...

Options

Replies

• charovnitza
    charovnitza Posts: 689
    Options
    Superb idea!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Hope somebody local to you can benefit so your kindness doesn't cost you too much in postage as well.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Incredible idea. I'm trying to shrink out of that size myself ......... sigh. It's been a slow go but mostly my fault so I can't complain.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • geddyp
    geddyp Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So nice of you!! I hope to be able to do the same soon :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    what a sweetie... i can't use the clothes but sure did need the lift in my faith in mankind..or womankind in this case. :flowerforyou:
  • NancyJeanSmith
    Options
    You have such a kind and caring heart, and only God could have given that too you. I'm still going through my clothes, as I started out as a 5X in tops and 4X in pants. I don't wear dresses. Now I wear a 3X sometimes a 2X top depending on where they come from, and a 2X pant. I'm giving all my clothes along with typewriters and a lot of other things, to a charitable organization. My dad is doing the same, too. I haven't tried going into a store to buy any clothes, as I'm so tall that they are usually too short and don't fit correctly. I'm going to order 1 blouse and 1 pair of pants from Just My Size and from Woman Within (which use to be Lane Bryant), then which ever one fits me the best, that's who will get my business. There are clothes that I'm giving away that have never been taken out of their packing. Brand new and never worn. Praise the Lord, it's my pleasure to pass them on to someone who can use them.

God bless you, for paying it forward. It's a very nice thing to do. Oh, by the way, I love those dresses. They're beautiful!!
  • body_in_progress
    body_in_progress Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a beautiful thing you are doing, I hope you find someone deserving of your kindness.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Thats so sweet of you :) we definitely need more people like you in the world. I hope you find someone deserving :)
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    how wonderful of you. I also thought I could send some clothes to my MFP friends but many of them are in the UK! I have donated many to Saint Vincent De Paul Society, I gave some to a co-worker and I sold some at a consignment shop. I hope your clothes go to a deserving person, you look great and you have good taste!
  • lila1980
    lila1980 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, for your kind words. :)

I'm done going through my closet, and I have more stuff than I anticipated. I'm hoping to make two good sized boxes, as I received many compelling emails from many deserving people.

Now all I have to do is find boxes to package it up in!!
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    that's awesome :) I went from a size 24 to a size 18 i can't wait to get into a size 10 or 12 sounds so far away but I know I have the faith I will get there.
  • Vicki66C
    Vicki66C Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Has the lucky individual been selected?
  • SuzieBikiniBound
    SuzieBikiniBound Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great idea! :)
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! You might also organize a clothing swap in your area. I am sure there are a lot of folks in the same boat!
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I'm going to do the same!
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This was such a wonderful thing to do! I wish they had some sort of clothing exchange on MFP. This has been a problem for me as well. I don't want to spend a ton of money on clothes just to only be able to wear them for a short period of time. I've been donating all of my bigger clothes to a pregnant friend who doesn't want to buy maternity clothes, but as I get smaller I might consider doing this as well. Great thinking!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    such a wonderful idea!!! :flowerforyou:
  • clb922
    clb922 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great idea :smile:
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    great idea
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!