Runners: Where to put phone?

Options
I have a Samsung S3 (armband NOT an option LOL) and I'm going to be ditching my jacket soon. Any thoughts on where to keep it? Not taking it is NOT an option because I use the C25K app to know when to walk/run. I also use Endomondo fitness tracker, and finally all my songs are on it. Please keep in mind I'll have earbuds to contend with as well :) TIA

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Get a tube sock. Cut the foot part off of it. Use the top part of the sock around your arm, with your phone inside. I usually double it (so sock/phone/sock with the fold at the bottom) and then pin the top to make sure it doesn't fall out.
  • tenintwenty
    Options
    I stick mine in my sports bra. This has ruined more than a few phones though.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I have one of those arm band things for my phone. It has velcro adjusters and phone slides in there. I use it for music, so have headphones attached too...
  • dkrebsbach
    dkrebsbach Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wear a t shirt with a pocket, that way I can hear the music without earbuds and have quick access to pause or check status.
  • RooBug88
    RooBug88 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Get a tube sock. Cut the foot part off of it. Use the top part of the sock around your arm, with your phone inside. I usually double it (so sock/phone/sock with the fold at the bottom) and then pin the top to make sure it doesn't fall out.

Brilliant! Maybe not totally fashionable, but brilliant nonetheless! You could even line the inside of the sock with a plastic sandwich bag to avoid sweat damage to the phone. I also would have suggested to make your own armband in a similar fashion, or use coban wrap. But this idea is much easier than coban!
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Mine goes in my Sports Bra :)
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I put mine in my sports bra, in my cleavage....

But I don't sweat. Ever. So that makes it possible lol.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I just carry it? In my hand.... seems like an obvious solution to me.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I put mine in my Spibelt. It's right around my waist and i can still have headphones in. I hate carrying anything in my hands on long runs.
  • AlisaRN
    AlisaRN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've seen bands that go around your waist that have zipper pockets on them made for running. They're kind of like fanny packs but are not as bulky. I know that you said arm bands are not an option but I have seen them made for phones that big. Also, I definitely would NOT put it in your bra or anywhere else that would get super sweaty. I have ruined phones this way :(. I would go to a sports store. Normally they have a section for technology and will have tools for carrying phones.
  • CourtAtkins
    CourtAtkins Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Check out what's called a "Flip Belt" from Level Terrain...it's designed specifically for this purpose and is really handy for runners or anyone who needs to free up their hands. You can get them from several websites including Amazon but most running stores will have them as well.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Check out what's called a "Flip Belt" from Level Terrain...it's designed specifically for this purpose and is really handy for runners or anyone who needs to free up their hands. You can get them from several websites including Amazon but most running stores will have them as well.

These are actually pretty nifty if you want to pay for them. I've seen a lot of runners with them. Considering this as my next purchase.
  • 24redwine
    24redwine Posts: 43
    Options
    I have capri style running pants that have a cell phone pocket at the waistline. I put my cell and house key in there. It's snug (spandex material), so it's never fallen out. There is a layer of fabric between me and the phone, so sweat/moisture isn't a problem. The pants are made by Champion (I buy them online).
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have a zipper pouch that is waterproof- like a makeup case one. I put my phone in that, and then since I wear two sports bras (lol) I put the phone inbetween the two in the front.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Goes in my bra...but I have a waterproof case so moisture isn't an issue.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    http://www.joeybra.com/

ETA: Monday morning brain fog. That really wouldn't be very practical for running.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I have a small spibelt, use my bra and I've also done the tube sock thing. :)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I've seen bands that go around your waist that have zipper pockets on them made for running. They're kind of like fanny packs but are not as bulky. I know that you said arm bands are not an option but I have seen them made for phones that big. Also, I definitely would NOT put it in your bra or anywhere else that would get super sweaty. I have ruined phones this way :(. I would go to a sports store. Normally they have a section for technology and will have tools for carrying phones.

But have you seen them made for ARMS this big? lol I would need a leg band to fit my arm! hehee
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Why isn't an armband an option? They make armbands for large sized phones.

Edited to include a link: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-EaseFit-Armband-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B008589YTC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1364829146&sr=8-8&keywords=galaxy+s3+armband
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Left side of my boob. Cleavage just doesn't work for me.