heavy lifting; how long till i see scale go down?

Options
i been lifting heavy for 6 weeks and yes the scale went up 4lbs but i have lost inches which makes me happy! i just wondering how long does it take before i see the numbers on scale go down? not that it really matters end weight as long im in healthier fat % which im not right now im in 30%. fat. i know everyone different but just look around about time Thanks in advance for the support!

Replies

• QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    BUMP... ANYONE?
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary that may help out.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I started losing weight about a week after I started lifting heavy (after the water retention subsided). I have heard of some girls not losing any weight. Especially if they are taller. It all depends on the calorie deficit you have really.
  • Blondie251975
    Blondie251975 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Open your diary! Heavy lifting alone will not make the scale move. You cannot outrun or outlift your fork! Weight loss comes in the kitchen.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.. if you are losing inches, the number on the scale shouldn't matter.
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at a surplus, maintenance, or deficit? When you say you've been lifting heavy and you gained, I assume you're eating at a surplus...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Personally for me, it can take several weeks, even a few months before the scale goes down after I start lifting heavy. I can also expect the scale to go up around 5-10 pounds at the beginning of a new lifting program. After that, the scale starts to go down pretty reliably for me.
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at a surplus, maintenance, or deficit? When you say you've been lifting heavy and you gained, I assume you're eating at a surplus...
    i'm using bodybuilding.com calculator i'm eating at deficit but i amit i haven't been eating to clean.
    dairy should be open now. i just swap from machision to free weights last week . this what im doing http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm