365 days and counting...

Options
Hi there!

Today is my 365th day of logging here at MFP! I'm so excited because I thought by now that I would fall for old habits and would've gained my weight back by now...but I have not! You know why? Because I have fought too hard to get it off… there have been NUMEROUS times where I have dragged my butt out of the bed at 4:30am to hit the gym and/or complete my at home workouts AND there have been SEVERAL opportunities to binge on my favorite "fatty" meals that I have turned down to get one step closer to meeting my goals! I am MUCH stronger than that!

Before I met my husband, I was working out at least 3 times per week, trying to "maintain" at 160lbs.

me2011.jpg

I had always been a little heavier and had to really work at keeping weight off, so 160lbs was my lowest weight since high school (when I was 145-150lbs). When we got married in May, 2011, I weighed about 175…

901a217f-92f6-4827-a49c-5423fd22a10c.jpg

…one year later---I weighed in at 205lbs! (I blame the weight gain on my new marriage and me wanting to impress my husband with my cooking skills. Gotta blame someone, right?!) On days that I wasn't cooking, we were eating out at restaurants sometimes 2 or 3 times per day! I had to have been eating at least 4,500-5,000 calories daily back then- SCARY!

58bcfa4c-410b-455f-84ba-38cd7a706062.jpg

In March 2012, after months of “hiding in,” not wanting to attend social events because I didn’t like the way I looked or felt in my clothes, I decided it was time for a change. I began walking and started the Jillian Michaels’ 30 day Shred in May. By level 3 of 30DS, I weighed in at 181.4 but became bored and decided to complete the Insanity program. I completed the program weighing in at 169.4.

620508dd-7ce9-49ac-be3d-0f98b4ce0a1e.jpg

After Insanity, I felt like ANYTHING was possible, so I joined the gym (with a newfound confidence). I began to read NROLFW and later started to do 5X5 Stronglifts. I loved both programs but because my gym schedule changed, I had to drop them. By August, 2012, I weighed in at 167. I was very upset because I felt like the last 2 months had been such a waste of time (no big loss on the scale)- I had my BF% measured and found that I had dropped from a 35% BF (May) to a 26.8% (Aug)!!! From that point, I stopped measuring my progress on the scale and started to religiously track my measurements/ inches lost from week to week.

3afeea30-b889-4a24-8350-12a68f6f04c4.jpg

I have done everything from eating very low calories, to eating at TDEE minus 10%. I have learned that when you listen to your body, everything will fall into place. Losing weight and getting fit takes patience, dedication, commitment, and strength. It’s hard work, but it CAN be done!

0f8761b6-bde9-4cce-b42e-da3b6cbb6218.jpg

d436e052-c412-4011-98e3-ff9249e5b4d3.jpg

Today, I weigh 148.3lbs- My lowest weight since 8th grade- 14 years ago). I have completed Insanity, Turbo Fire, and Chalean Extreme programs. (I love Beachbody!) I am currently doing Body Beast and plan to start a cutting diet next week while completing the Insanity Asylum 30 day program. I am so blessed to have met such wonderful people here throughout my journey as well as having a lot of support at home from my husband and my girls.

c3bef3ed-3899-4ce0-8cd0-e7c1f9574fe9.jpg

I would have to say that the most rewarding “perk” from this new healthy lifestyle is to be able to enjoy time with my family without always being tired. They are always telling me how proud they are of me and it really makes my heart melt. As a matter of fact, my youngest daughter cuddled up next to me just last night and said, “Mommy, you have no more pillow” When I asked her what she meant, she said; “your belly is hard now, not soft and fluffy like it used to be. You worked really hard to get in shape and I am proud of you.” I was so touched as she is only 8years old and I didn’t really think she paid attention to what mommy was doing, lol…My husband has also been on this journey for 1 year and has committed to meeting his goals of gaining weight and putting on more muscle. He is my inspiration and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and supportive man in my life!!! I love my support system!

muscles.jpg

Sorry for the long post--- it was REALLY heavy on my heart today and I wanted to share…I will continue to work hard and enjoy this new lifestyle! It’s not only physically rewarding but mentally rewarding! Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    YAY! First forum post:-) Now if I could only resize a few of those pics....
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    YAY! First forum post:-) Now if I could only resize a few of those pics....

Congratulations! You are definitely an inspiration. You have to resize wherever your pics are hosted. If you're using Photobucket I recommend saving the resized photos as a new photo and re-copying the links. For some reason it doesn't change the size if you shrink your original pictures (experience talking on this one). Congratulations on your successes!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE A DAMN INSPIRATION, LADY! wow. i'm in awe. you seem like good people. i'm gonna send a FR :) congrats on taking fitness and diet by the reins and making those calories cry! ok, i need to stop with the cornyness (mm, corn). well done!!! xoxoxo
  • rishina27
    rishina27 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Woooooohooooooo way to go Mel!!! Super proud of you babes!!! Awesomeness really glad I got to be friends and share your journey with you!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329
    Options
    OMG!!! How did I miss that it's you Fit-Niversary?!?! Well first let me wish you Happy 1 Year!!! I am so proud of you and this truly brought tears to my eyes. You have such an amazing and inspiring story and I'm so proud of your success and progress. It's so rewarding to look back and see how far we've come. Continue working hard and being an example to your girls, hubby and the rest of us. I'm so very blessed to have met such a lovely spirit along this journey! :heart: :smile:
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great positive transformation. You look great and are such a role model for your family, way to go!!
  • Dana31601
    Dana31601 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! Great job!!
  • IESHA12
    IESHA12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    wow you have inspired me to keep pushing congrats hunni you look amazing good job on the hard work and dedication...Im proud of you keep up the good work :)
  • serenitygranted11
    Options
    This just brought me to tears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS TRULY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR ARE TRULY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • UNC_Brittany_84
    Options
    Congratulations love! I am so glad to have you as a friend. You are a true inspiration and motivation to me every day. Keep up the hard work :-) You look absolutely amazing!!!!!!
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You all are just too kind!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and have done a wonderful job, thanks for the inspiration and you have a beautiful family!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Great story and great work!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Wow and congratulations. It's a great story and it'll continue through your children who are seeing what eating healthy and exercise will lead to.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION! CONGRATULATIONS MAMA!!!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! AMAZING post!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    What a lovely story and so very pure in what it takes along with the ups/downs of life... Mel we have only been pals a short time but I feel like your spirit has been with me forever...Your goals you set and accomplish are to be admired...and such a hard working woman...I am just so proud...and so very thankful to be a part of your journey!!! The pictures don't even begin to show the hard work and determination you possess...You are a ROCK girlie!!! Love the entire post....Congrats again on your 1yr Anniversary!!
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    You are FREAKING SMOKING!!!! way to go!!!!
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job! :)
  • jenwalton
    jenwalton Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You can't imagine how inspiring this is to me! You look incredible, your girls are beyond adorable, and you have such an amazing attitude! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!