Tracking Cat Food for Fat Cat

Options
2»

Replies

• SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I had a friend, whose second cousin was dating this guy whose sister was a vet and she said that you should only feed your cat seafood, because they originally were coastal habitants and that she had a patient who followed this and gained muscle while eating at a defecit... I think she tied some weights to the tail though to boost this, but she didnt want it to gain too much muscle since it was a female cat, and would not look right with muscle.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ahhh how i spend my day off work
  • PototaeLuvvr
    Options
    squirrls are maintnance free.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I recommend catching pigeons with a sack and feeding them to your cat. Just keep it low carb, and make sure your cat doesn't eat anything processed. Calories in vs. calories out is a load of hooey.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    How many thermidas is he burning per day? Also, is his water ionized?
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    ANSWERS:

My cat is definitely sedentary. He hasn't moved from his spot by the window in about three days. Hasn't touched the food I've put out either so it's probably starvation mode.

Are you sure your cat isn't a dead cat? It's an easy mistake to make. If he is a dead cat you'll find that he loses weight naturally as the weeks go by.
  • janeensan
    janeensan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would love to get the cat on clean eating but there's so much contradictory research out there and everyone has an opinion. I'm thinking of going vegan for him too and just that way I can log cucumbers.

DO NOT FEED YOUR CAT VEGAN.
    Cats are carnivores. They are not herbivores. If you feed him vegan he won't like it and it won't be a good thing for him.
    Do not try to put a human diet onto an animal that doesn't have the same digestive system we do.

The Blue Wilderness is a very high quality food. Follow the feeding guidelines on the bag as to how much to feed per day. If kitty doesn't lose weight, then feed a smidge less. Split the feedings into a.m. and p.m. Try that amount out to see if it works, and repeat.

GET KITTY ACTIVE
    Devote 10 minutes a day to getting him to play. You can split it up into 2 5-minute sessions.
    There are tons of kitty toys/lasers that you can use to get him moving. A laser pen should get him moving the best. You sit on the couch and drink your coffee with one hand while you run kitty all over the room with the laser held in the other hand. Couldn't be easier!

I work in a pet store and love to talk about pet nutrition. If anyone's interested in pet nutrition there's an excellent website for dog food www.dogfoodadvisor.com
    They are completely independent of any dog food company so all you're getting is good information.
    You will learn a LOT on that site. I recommend it.
    I have yet to find a comparable site for cat food. If anyone knows of one please shoot me a message with a link!

Good luck with kitty's diet.
  • Jenny9000
    Jenny9000 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Get a laser pointer. Make him chase it, can burn upwards of 200 cal / hour.

;)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    ANSWERS:

My cat is definitely sedentary. He hasn't moved from his spot by the window in about three days. Hasn't touched the food I've put out either so it's probably starvation mode.

Are you sure your cat isn't a dead cat? It's an easy mistake to make. If he is a dead cat you'll find that he loses weight naturally as the weeks go by.

I think he hunts at night because he's getting bigger every day.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    ANSWERS:

I think he hunts at night because he's getting bigger every day.

Could be bloat..... if he's a live, maybe a green tea detox? If he's dead... well, he'll stop bloating eventually.