Thigh gap?

Options
Do cats care about thigh gaps?

My cat licks his hind legs a lot. Does that mean he's fixating on his thighs/legs? I'm worried he may be developing body dysmorphia.

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Do cats care about thigh gaps?

My cat licks his hind legs a lot. Does that mean he's fixating on his thighs/legs? I'm worried he may be developing body dysmorphia.

Yes, I think so. Get him to a vet psychiatrist immediately.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The only way to know for sure is to take him to see a pet psychic.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Does this answer your question?
    139_zpsa126489c.gif
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I thought cats resided IN the thigh gap.

I'm confused.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I think pica is an issue to consider. MAYBE HE JUST WANTS TO EAT FUR.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I think thigh gap is a very real problem for cats. I mean, think about it... they have TWO SETS OF LEGS.

Double the problem that we humans have.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    one of my cats has ALL the fur licked off on the inside of his back legs. ALL of it. He's desperately trying for a thigh gap, and it freaks me out. This is not normal for a male cat.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    one of my cats has ALL the fur licked off on the inside of his back legs. ALL of it. He's desperately trying for a thigh gap, and it freaks me out. This is not normal for a male cat.

Watch for warning signs of an eating disorder, like taking his food to another room so you don't see him eat it.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    This one does.

eg90zl.jpg
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My cat purges regularly (usually in the middle of the night when I can't stop it and ALWAYS on the carpet right in foot's way). I never considered bulimia and a body issue, but maybe I should.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Serious response (for any lurkers): If a cat is licking their hair in a certain area till balding, that's actually a real problem. Could be skin irritation (above or below the skin) or even some kind of physical or psychological reaction to stress. Always best to get a kitty checked out when they have behaviors that could eventually cause damage.
  • PototaeLuvvr
    Options
    what is this place cat lovers paradice?
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I'm replacing my thigh gap goal with being able to lick my own thighs!
  • gnalani
    gnalani Posts: 126
    Options
    make sure you're feeding him enough, he might be in "starvation mode" and trying to eat his fur for nourishment ;););)
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I'm replacing my thigh gap goal with being able to lick my own thighs!

my cat told me to tell you... "How YOU Doin'?"
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Serious response (for any lurkers): If a cat is licking their hair in a certain area till balding, that's actually a real problem. Could be skin irritation (above or below the skin) or even some kind of physical or psychological reaction to stress. Always best to get a kitty checked out when they have behaviors that could eventually cause damage.

Thanks, QT :flowerforyou: Good to know.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    You mean like dis?

WRJGEt5.jpg
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Who knows? My cat is too furry to tell if there's a thigh gap. :tongue:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member