C-2-5K...how heavy??

Options
i am curious how heavy people were when they started the c25K program?? i've tried it before but i was a lot lighter than I am now!!

Replies

• Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it, I believe I was 185. Dropped maybe five by the time I was running 5k, but I didn't pay attention to my diet at all back then, and I'm sure I ate back pretty much everything I used.

God, that thing kicked my *kitten* so hard. This was maybe 9 years ago, and I was in truly horrific shape, lol. Was completely out of breath after the very first 30 second jog (!) and I knew it was going to be a rough few months, lmao.
  • Rotten_Apple
    Rotten_Apple Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am doing C25K and am on week 3...I weigh 150lbs, though I was probably 156 when I started. I am 5'3" and have a lot of fat on my body and am extremely out of shape.

I say go for it! I had to repeat week 2 (so I am on week 3, but 4th week of doing it if that makes sense). I may have to repeat other weeks, i do what I can and then I push myself to do more so I don't feel bad about having to repeat weeks.
  • mdhughes33
    Options
    I started last week at 219.
  • RNWall
    RNWall Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I started the beginning of the year I was 192lbs.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    6'1 257
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and started just under 235.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I started C25K @ 220lbs.
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Started at 210
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    There is a person now that is in the C25K group that started at 287 lbs. Weight only holds you back if you let it hold you back.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    270lbs
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Started at around 260 :]
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    228, on a 5'4 frame. Still haven't made it through the first workout, but I'm getting close. Shin splints suck.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The first time I started I was about 320lbs. This time (I have a 5k in 3 weeks) I am around 270lbs.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    ^^^Agree with rdulir.

We all have great excuses not to run. However, I seem to have misplaced mine somewhere around week 7 of the Couch to 5k program. :)

BTW, I was 220 when I started week one, day one in December. I'm 186 now.
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have done 3 weeks of week 1 and I have just started week 2! I think I might do C25K in 6months! Oh and I'm 169lb 5 ft 6" xxx good luck... If I can do it anyone can.. I have been a smoker since I was 13yrs!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    5'8 and just under 200 lbs, although I didn't follow the C25k exactly, I made up my own variation.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    5'2 and was between 180-185 when I started running... and 39 years old. Never ran in my life before that!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    NVM, I can't read.
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    230lbs when I started and I'm now 221 and I just finished week 6 day 1 this morning =)
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am finishing the 5th week of c210k, I weighed in today at 280.0 lbs