How many times a week do you eat out?

Options
I eat out about twice on the weekends...any other time during the week I order what will fill in my calorie goal.
Do you let yourself cheat on the weekends?

Replies

• imperfection_is_beauty
    Options
    I will eat out about twice a week (mostly on weekends). It all depends on my hetic schedule. If I lose a pound or so, or if I know I am going to work out, I will usually order whatever I want.

I always plan ahead of time as well. If I know I am going to a restraunt, 5 minutes or 3 hours ahead, I always input the food on MFP and look at the calories, sodium, etc.

Good luck!
  • fiona2785
    fiona2785 Posts: 82
    Options
    Except special occasions, I don't eat out - now I'm logging I find the whole experience of eating out ridiculously stressful! How do you track what you eat? I do have 'cheat' meals at home sometimes, but I still log them so that I can make up for them later!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    That's a mighty personal question.

Edit To Add: As often as my bankroll allows. Heh.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I don't "cheat" really. Cheating to me means trying to play the system, and to be honest you can't really do that with weight loss. My husband and I eat out every so often, maybe once or twice a month. When we do, I order what ever I want. I know that if it is a pasta dish to ask for a to-go box and put half of it in there right from the start. But other than that I enjoy myself, because I know that having a few days that are high in calories isn't what got me here in the first place, and that I will just pick back up where I left off tomorrow.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

I laughed.
  • abbyface
    abbyface Posts: 15
    Options
    3-4 meals a week, mainly on weekends and maybe one lazy weekday.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Friday and/or Saturday nights. That's about it and no, I don't typically use those days as "cheat" days but I sometimes do go over my calories.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options

I laughed.

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title.

Really never, I'm straight.
  • Amberellie11
    Amberellie11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes, I def do on the weekends! At least once! I think it keeps me from going mad! I usually have at least one day where I just let myself have anything (within reason) with no guilt! I'm not a massive sweets person though, so it tends to be like cheeseburgers, chinese, chicken wings, ribs, a few glasses of wine.

I think it's important to give yourself a mental break! :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    And this is why I try to say "dine out". Filthy minds think alike! :)

We usually get take-out once a week, sometimes twice if we're feeling lazy or I've been too busy to plan meals or just if whatever's on the menu for the night doesn't sound appealing. I do try to plan these extra calorie meals in when I can but sometimes they end up being my indulgence (aka cheat) for the week.

For instance, I'm planning on making a mexican style chicken soup for dinner but it really doesn't sound too appetizing so it may end up being a pizza or chinese night.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Probably only two or three times per month. I practice intuitive eating on the weekends, so I don't log anything until the end of the day or the following morning just to check myself. Dining out is a good exercise in portion control and intuitive eating...necessary skills for life after calorie counting.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Every day. My job, I can't take a lunch with me and it's too much work to run all the way home. There are healthy things out there. I lkike the ultimate chicken grill, or the chicken flatbreads at wendys
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    As often as DW is in the mood...
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Eating out is maybe once per month if someone in our neighborhood "group" is having a birthday or there's something special...otherwise we might go months without eating out. So...when I do eat out? I ENJOY it! I do try to select healthier choices for my entree, but I indulge in a couple of drinks and dessert....my stomach is not ever happy with these outings however.
  • mwall2
    mwall2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hardly ever!
  • cdusanka
    cdusanka Posts: 33
    Options
    Weekends are the worst for me becasue we're never home and we eat almost all our meals out. My hubby loves to eat out and he thinks his eating is fine (which it isn't!), so it's a constant struggle for me. During the week, I eat 3 meals and 1-2 snacks/day, but on the weekends I eat only 2 meals/day. I don't log my weekend food becasue I don't want to know what the counts are, and because I don't set aside the time to look through the database for every ingredient that ended up in my mouth. On weekdays I have more control, so I log everything.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    2-3 at fast food places, about once every other week at a nice sit down place (ok FU, I'm counting chili's/outback here).
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Do you let yourself cheat on the weekends?
    Eatin aint cheatin
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    once or twice a week...pretty much on weekends/dinner or lunch dates with the boyfriend. I don't "cheat." I work it into my calories/macros. There are healthy things out there to be eaten!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

I laughed.

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title.

Really never, I'm straight.

Hahaha, glad I wasn't the only one...