Replies

• TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    Options
    Bump
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This chicken looks delicious!! I want to try it soon!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    *Bump* That looks so tasty.
  • jryan83
    jryan83 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That sounds so tasty. It looks even better, if that's possible.
    Now I know what to do with the remains of the bag of Doritos that's been sitting in the kitchen. Mm!

This is me. Might also try this with Cheetos or Fritos.
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, the original post makes me think, what else is good?

Not a fan of doritos, but I like pork. Why not...

grind up pork rinds, season, and use in lieu of doritos. Excellent x2.

Mmmmm...pork rinds! Barbeque? Chilli lime? Hot and spicy? Got it covered! But I have to say I DO love me some Doritos!
  • KandiKane13
    Options
    That sounds good ! I just joined the site and heard about all the great recipes being posted on here, cant wait to try some of them out.:bigsmile:
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Options
    OH man. This reminds me of Doritos Casserole that my grandma used to make me. Sounds super yummy. I might try this for my next cheat meal lol
  • swimcoach07
    swimcoach07 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump - yum!
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My son will like this!
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mccroskey
    mccroskey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    definitely looks yummy!
  • pinamarie07
    Options
    bump
  • catfulford
    catfulford Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    looks yummy!! going to try this :)
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • flexdirectcpr
    flexdirectcpr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Looks good. Bump.
  • GinJon
    GinJon Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy. Will definitely try but I think I will use 1/4 cup of low fat buttermilk instead of egg - I think I will also try crushed up flaming hot cheetos. Thanks for the post and thanks for all the suggestions. Can't wait to try them all......even the frost flakes.
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Had it last night, was good!
  • Ashleyrose34
    Ashleyrose34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find that my food gets boring. So sometimes I like to crust chicken with doritos. No big deal.
    Now, if you're anything like me, and love doritos, you'll love this chicken. I know they obviously aren't the healthiest chip out there, but if you don't let yourself ever have the things you love, you'll just be miserable!
    Keep in mind, this recipe is for a single serving. I'm usually just cooking for myself, but it can easily be scaled up!

Ingredients:
    1 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded thin, 3 oz.
    0.85 ounces of nacho cheese doritos, about 8-10 chips, crushed up.
    1 egg
    salt and pepper

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 F
    2. Take chicken breast, and season generously with salt and pepper.
    3. Coat breast in beaten egg. (NOTE: You won't nearly use all the egg. You can substitute this with about a tbsp of egg beaters to avoid wasting it)
    4. Place chicken in crushed up doritos, pressing down to insure as many as possible stick to both sides.
    5. On a foil lined baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray, place the chicken. Spray the top with a bit more spray!
    6. Place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes, then flip and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes on the other side, until internal temp reaches 185 F.
    7. Enjoy!

Now, as you can see in the picture, I had this with some rice and carrots. But you could just as easily slap it between some bread with a little bit of mayo, lettuce, etc. Sounds better than any fast food I've ever had!
    This chicken was the perfect treat for my doritos obsession, and it was wonderfully crunchy! The flavor mellowed out a bit in the oven, so if you're worried about super orange glow nacho flavor, don't be! It's subtle and fabulous. Hope you try it!

Nutritional Info:
    Serving size: 1 piece. Calories: 220 Fat: 9 g Protein: 20 g Carbs: 14 g Fiber: 1 g Sodium: 345 mg.

1412745d.jpg
  • kristers03
    kristers03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    sounds so good! I bet the cool ranch would be good too! :D