Am i really that size?

Options
So i'm a 5ft 6 female and i've lost 31lbs (2st 3lbs)

I currently weigh 167lbs (11st 13lbs) and used to weigh 198lbs (14st 2lbs)

I used to be a UK dress size 16 (US 12) but then i recently found myself fitting into my old UK 14's (US 10)

however, after dropping the last 5lbs I went shopping and found myself fitting into size 12's (US 8)
sometimes they were a bit tight but they fitted nevertheless.

i feel like i weigh too much to be able to be this size and part of me wonders if maybe i'm just kidding myself??

Any thoughts on this and has anyone has similar experiences?

Replies

• S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't complain. I started at 191, currently at 173, and haven't budged from a size 16 (although I can fit into 14 dresses, just not jeans). I'm probably a few cms taller than you aswell.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

I used to be a UK dress size 16 (US 12) but then i recently found myself fitting into my old UK 14's (US 10)

however, after dropping the last 5lbs I went shopping and found myself fitting into size 12's (US 8)

i feel like i weigh too much to be able to be this size and part of me wonders if maybe i'm just kidding myself??

Hi im also a 5'6'' female and i weigh 161 lbs and am a size 14 (UK) bottoms and a size 12 top. I havent been in a size 12 bottoms since i was around 10st 12 lbs BUT your weight could be spread differently to mine. For instance i have a 32.5 inch waist and 27inch thighs, so most trousers wont go up my legs. But across my chest is a smaller ratio.
  • notdorothy
    notdorothy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm hovering about 180 at 5-foot-2 and I fit into 14 for sure and some size 12s. I have a lot of muscle, so maybe some of your weight is that, too.

I think it depends on the manufacturer and the cut. I wouldn't worry about it. I have to try everything on no matter what right now because my body has never been this small.

Wear what fits your body type and celebrate your progress.
  • katebowen37
    katebowen37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You are really that size =) I'm 5 ft 6 and 1/2 inch and when I was 165 lb, I was a size 12. I did have a few old pairs of 10s and an 8 that I fit into on "skinny days". I think it depends on the jeans manufacturer. I was an 8-14 depending on the brand and the wear on the pants.
  • sarah5893
    sarah5893 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    it's crazy that people can be the same weight and height, yet their body sizes completely different!!!

when i weighed about 167lbs about 2 years ago, i definitely remember not fitting into UK size 12's but i think the gym must mean that i've gained more muscle now :)

also i think i carry most of my weight around my stomach. so difficult to say which body shappy i have (apple shape, pear, hourglass) because i feel like i have aspects of all 3!!!

thanks everyone
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It depends on the make/cut and where you hold your body weight most. Some people are top heavy and some are bottom heavy. If they fit they fit.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

I weigh 160-162 and I wear a size 8, sometimes a 6/10... just depends on the brand.. accept it :)
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    It might be vanity sizing, it might not. You are still that size :flowerforyou:
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My Dad thought I weighed 18 stone (252 pounds) but I was actually 26 stone 9 pounds (372 pounds). I am nearly 12 stone now.
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It might be vanity sizing, it might not. You are still that size :flowerforyou:
    This is probably a factor. I have sewn some clothing and you can never go by what size you wear when picking a pattern. My recommendation is forget about the size on the label. Try on the items you like and when you find what fits you properly thats what you buy.
  • charliemarie923
    Options

I weigh 160-162 and I wear a size 8, sometimes a 6/10... just depends on the brand.. accept it :)

I find this extremely hard to believe...are you taller than 5'6'' and are you talking about UK sizes?
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Everyone just carries their weight differently. I am similar. I am 5"3.5' and weigh 165. I wear a size 8. I have a few 6's too. :)
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I am exactly where you are and were. I used to be 198, and now I'm around 165 and 5'5''. I am slowly fitting into 12's now. However, women's sizing is all over the place and I don't place my hopes on clothing sizing. I'm focused on how I look and feel overall.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    At 5'7.5", and 152 pounds, I'm mostly in a 6.
  • charliemarie923
    Options
    Everyone just carries their weight differently. I am similar. I am 5"3.5' and weigh 165. I wear a size 8. I have a few 6's too. :)

Is your 165 muscle or fat though? because i can see athletes who are technically obese using BMI fitting into small sizes because they are lean. On your profile pic you look way skinner than me and i am 5'6'' and 162 lbs. (ignore profile pic-this is me when i weighed 131 lbs)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I totally understand....I just bought a pair of size 12 jeans. I've never in my adult life worn size 12s. Ever. I feel almost like I'm committing a fraud...I can't possibly wear those pants in that size...I'm the big girl, the fatso, the....well, you all know the rest of it. But you know what? Those size 12s fit pretty darn good. And I look pretty darn good in them.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    At 5'7.5", and 152 pounds, I'm mostly in a 6.

I am 5'6", 134#, 26% body fat and a size 8. And some of my 10s still fit. ( but I have wide hips...I blame my 3 boys)
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

I find this extremely hard to believe...are you taller than 5'6'' and are you talking about UK sizes?

Why hard to believe? I'm 5'8" 157-160 pounds and I'm a small size 6.
  • baroqueviolin
    Options
    I'm 5'6" 180ish (depending on the day), and pretty consistently wear a 12 pants and M or L on top. I'm finding more 10s that fit these days, and today splurged on a new pair of size 10 jeans..... Hope to lose about 30 pounds more.....
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Wear clothes that fit- who cares what the label says for size.